Help with Xcode

I have exported my project and opened it in Xcode 4.3.3 (iOS 5.1) but when I run the app it freezes on the ‘Made with Codea’ screen.

The error in the console:
Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘-[_NSCFDictionary setObject:forKeyedSubscript:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 9x8b67d90’

The project works fine in Codea and I have checked that the images for the sprite packs are all there. Is there anything I have missed?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Did you export it using codea export or the old fashioned way?

When you write “I run the app” do you mean run on iPad simulator in Xcode or compile it and run it on your real iPad ?

Luatee - I used the export project option in Codea.

logoliv - I meant when I use the iPad simulator.

That’s a question I just asked today in this thread : http://twolivesleft.com/Codea/Talk/discussion/4506/testing-with-xcode-and-codea-runtime :slight_smile:
I hope I’m wrong but I think you can’t test Codea code with the simulator, only compile it for a real iDevice (see my link) because the runtime is only a Lua - ARM interpreter.

To be confirmed…

I am running Xcode 5.0.2 and you can export your code from Codea to Xcode and then run it right in the simulator on you Mac. It works no problem for me.

Good news ! So I can now install a virtual OS X machine and develop in Lua using Xcode on my PC :slight_smile:

I will try installing Mavericks, updating Xcode to the latest then try running the project in the simulator today.

Mavericks / Xcode 5.0.2 installed : my Codea project runs in iPad 7.0.3 simulator without problem :slight_smile:

I will try to compile it and run it on my iPad, but I don’t know how to do that for now… Shall I copy .ipa file in Mobile Applications folder and use iTunes for sync as usual, or must I pay a license to Apple just to develop & run apps on my iPad ?

My plan is to practice ObjectiveC and Codea, then only pay the $99 fee when i’m ready to release an app to iTunes Store…

To run it on the device you have to pay the price.

Yes I’ve seen that :frowning: by the way i’m not surprised, coming from Apple…