Game Preview

@JakAttak Awesome! Progress!! :smiley:

Now just a few minor things more to change…

• Change the “toggle music” button to white.
  • Make the speed relative to the size of the screen, therefore the speed will be mostly the same on all devices.
  • The ground still dosen’t show on mobile.

And as a FYI; I am testing your app on a iPad mini and a iPhone 5 :slight_smile:

Not to be too critical but currently (1.3.3 and below) the app is boring, it needs a lot of updates. I am looking forward to testing your future code!
Good luck!

@JakAttak Oh I see how the laser looks now, a bit funky. Try do the same thing as you did before, just draw a line between each dot. And maybe shrinken it, making it smaller on its width.

How do you “register your device?”

In the TestFlight app you find the button “Connect Device” almost anywhere. You do this on all your mobile devices, as far as I know. (“Mobile device” includes iPads, iPods, and iPhones)

Oh, I have to get the TestFlight app. Derp, obvious…

:wink:

@akaJag, I was wondering 1. Do you have any ideas for what the monster should be? And 2. What do you think would make it less “boring”?

@JakAttak It should sure be some pixley thingy, very look-a-like with the style of the character.
I think you will just have to be creative! If you can not, then ask one of your “IRL” friends. I am sure they got some neat ideas for improvment, just hand them the app so they can test it (just by letting them hold your iPad) and write up a list of improvments, and try to work out every single one of them. I am sure that will improve your game a lot.
And when it gets to drawing, if you are bad then you can try letting an artistic friend of yours draw it, they know that shit. It is hard to do everything within gamemaking/development, the best thing you can do is spread out the work areas to different people.

Now I am not saying you MUST do this, but I think it is the way for progress, if you want to keep making games that is.

I was thinking of doing a pixel art plane, so I’m going to give that a try and see

You know, give stuff some animations. That would clearly live things up! :smiley:

New version is up:

• Laserbeam now hits enemies better
  • New pixel-art plane as enemy
  • Jack is now animated to do jumping jacks :slight_smile:
  • Jack flashes when he hits a plane
  • New icon

Nice! Testing now! :smiley:

• Ok so when you die I suggest the character pauses a little because it’s really hard to hit the clouds when you’ve died.

• If you set a highscore locally on a different device then the gamecenter highscore gets lowerd to that highscore, even tho you set a nice highscore on for example an iPad.

• If you are in the highscore menu (or any other menu for that matter) and tap to get out, but you tap over where for example the highacore button is, then you get to the menu and almost instantly get onto the highacore.

• Ok so when you die I suggest the character pauses a little because it’s really hard to hit the clouds when you’ve died.

• If you set a highscore locally on a different device then the gamecenter highscore gets lowerd to that highscore, even tho you set a nice highscore on for example an iPad.

• If you are in the highscore menu (or any other menu for that matter) and tap to get out, but you tap over where for example the highacore button is, then you get to the menu and almost instantly get onto the highacore.

Idk how that happened, but ignore the double post

• At some points you fly faster then the bullets, making it impossible to shoot the enemies when you are about to collide
  • Add some sort of explosion when you destroy a plane, one explosion when you shoot them and perhaps that you knock them down when you jump on them. Instead of them just disapoearing
  • I have experienced that Jack is a lot faster on the iPhone compared to my iPad mini, and I guess he’s even slower on a regular iPad.
  • The character can almost go outside the screen, I prefer if he can as a max touch the edge of the screen with his foot, same with the planes (but not the foot thing).
  • The sound only updates in the menu, for example if you are on a iAd with video then the “Jumpin’ Jack” music will stop and only resume when you get back to the menu.

@akaJag, for the Game Center I don’t know what to do because as far as I’m aware I can’t have it check your score from Game Center so it just submits your score if you beat the local highscore