GAME JAM 2015: Winners announced!

OK, voting form and links to the raw code are now in the post at the top of the page. Currently I’ve set the voting form to finish on Thursday. Do you think that’s enough time for people to play all of the entries?

Hmmm, the “COPY” button doesn’t seem to be appearing in the in-app browser when you look at the raw code. I’m sure it used to work with Gist raw pages… oh well, if you select a word on the raw page, then pull the right hand blob all the way out to the right, you can lasso-select the entire raw text without too much hassle.

All the “Copy” options worked for me except squash n’ stretch

Weird! Why doesn’t the copy button appear for Squash and Stretch?

I was able to copy each of the games. I only had trouble with squash n stretch because it didn’t put the Level code in its own tab. I had to do that manually. Once I did that, everything worked fine.

EDIT: There wasn’t a Copy option for any of the raw code. I had to select a word and use the drag tabs to select all of the code.

I’ve changed the post at the top so that it links to the gist page, not the raw. The reason is that the raw url changes with each revision posted (I didn’t realise this), whereas the Gist url is constant. There was too much risk that I might have grabbed the URL of an incomplete version of the game, or that hot fixes would be ignored.

Entrants, hot fixes are allowed! (I’ve had to make a few).

@Ignatz @TheSolderKing @JakAttak @West @CodeaNoob could you all please make sure that your code installs OK from the links at the top of this page, and there aren’t portability issues (with emoji etc)?

@dave1797 if you copy from the raw file then long hold on the add new project in Codea you get the option to post as a new project. This will create the correct tab structure

I’m really enjoying playing everyone’s entries. There’s some fantastic ideas here. Really split over who to vote for!

I’m going to extend the voting period until Saturday morning, UK time

thanks for your efforts, @yojimbo2000, it was fun

We’ve had a fantastic response so far, thanks to everyone who has voted. Voting closes in 12 hours, so do get over to the voting form if you haven’t done so yet (links to the form and all entries at the top)

Here are the results of the voting. Thank you everyone who entered, and everyone who voted!

“Responsiveness” and user experience

• 1st: Squash & Stretch: 5 votes
  • Joint 2nd: People Popcorn and Lilypads: 4 votes each

Clear and concise code

• 1st: 3D Tilt Racing: 6 votes
  • 2nd: Squash & Stretch: 3 votes
  • Joint 3rd: Bridge Builder and People Popcorn: 2 votes

“Wow” factor

• 1st: Squash and Stretch: 8 votes
  • 2nd: 3D Tilt Racing: 5 votes
  • 3rd: Lilypads: 2 votes

Overall Winner

• 1st: Squash and Stretch: 7 votes
  • 2nd: 3D Tilt Racing: 4 votes
  • 3rd: People Popcorn: 3 votes

(To the other entrants, I’ve pm-ed you all with a link to the surveymonkey data page)

Congrats to all the winners! Jam was good fun :slight_smile:

Good effort all round and congratulations to all the winners

Congrats to the winner, and to all those that took part. :slight_smile:

Just a quick note that I’ve updated the competitions thread in the Wiki:

https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/core/wiki/Codea%20Competitions

I liked that the winners were chosen by a vote, I think it added an extra element of participation for people who weren’t able to enter.

I think if I were to organise it again, it would be good to have a judging category for “originality”. I’ve certainly never controlled a space chameleon before, and I’ve never seen the mechanic used in Lilypads either (though maybe I need to play more puzzle games)