Fun with new Siri functionality and device location.

If you ask Siri “where am I?” It will only tell you an address, if your lucky. But what if you are a precision kind of person.
Here is one way to “teach” Siri new things, just program her new functions. The only disadvantage to this program is that you more than likely need a wireless connection to use it. This isn’t a problem for those with 3G but those without are out of luck for now.

Unless otherwise stated, any code I post is free to be studied, dissected, reverse engineered, or used in any way by anyone. That’s why we have forums.

-- Siri Gps

function setup()
    print("Hello World!")
    parameter.action("latitude", findlatitude)
    parameter.action("longitude", findlongitude)
    parameter.action("altitude", findaltitude)
    parameter.action("speed", findspeed)
    parameter.action("meaning of everything", everything)
end

function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)
    strokeWidth(5)
end

function findlatitude()
    speech.say(location.latitude)
    speech.postDelay = 0.1
    speech.say("latitude")

end
function findlongitude()
    speech.say(location.longitude)
    speech.postDelay = 0.1
    speech.say("longitude")
end
function findaltitude()
    speech.say(location.altitude)
end
function findspeed()
    speech.say(location.speed)
end
function everything()
    speech.say("42")
end

interesting?42 means everything?

@firewolf Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Reference? I don’t know, I never read the books, but I think so :stuck_out_tongue:

@TheSolderKing The answer to life , the universe and everything is 42. Its said there are 42 letters in all.

@firewolf - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aboZctrHfK8

6*9 = 42 =))

my favourite joke =))

(for those who don’t know, they build a better computer [the earth] and it gives the question as “what do you get if you multiply 6 by 9?”)

joke?

ROFL

Someone once pointed out to Douglas Adams that the sum worked in base 13 (decimal is base 10, binary is base 2, hex is base 16 - you get the idea), to which Adams replied as quick as a flash - " I don’t do jokes in base 13"

54/13 = 4 2