Found out what is new in 1.3 current beta

I though I saw something about a keyboard. Mabey I misread a word. Thanks.

This is the only thing that I could think of that Apple wouldn’t allow.

@Simeon - About the keyboard - Since I can’t read or comment on beta discussions, I’ll tell you what would be nice for the keyboard. In future versions, it would be nice if you could allow full access to everything on this page. For instance, you would do something like this:

UIKeyBoardType(UIKeyboardTypeDefault/UIKeyboardTypeASCIICapable/UIKeyboardTypeNumbersAndPunctuation/UIKeyboardTypeURL/UIKeyboardTypeNumberPad/UIKeyboardTypePhonePad/UIKeyboardTypeNamePhonePad/UIKeyboardTypeEmailAddress/UIKeyboardTypeDecimalPad/UIKeyboardTypeTwitter/UIKeyboardTypeAlphabet)
UIKeyboardReturnKeyType(UIReturnKeyDefault/UIReturnKeyGo/UIReturnKeyGoogle/UIReturnKeyJoin/UIReturnKeyNext/UIReturnKeyRoute/UIReturnKeySearch/UIReturnKeySend/UIReturnKeyYahoo/UIReturnKeyDone/UIReturnKeyEmergencyCall)

And if you were to go farther on 1.3, I suggest adding these functions:

OpenEmail(emailadress, subject, body)
OpenURL(URL)

To me, I think those are fairly easy to do.
Thanks!

Alright. A list here:

• Screen recording.
  • Volume API.
  • New sound pick that may be $1 with full CFRX support.
  • Ability to draw in setup().
  • Added supportedOrientation() function.
  • Fonts.
  • Physics.
  • Keyboard and BlueTooth keyboard support.

That’s all I can tell that are currently added.

To quote @Simeon (which you'll read by searching) : "It's not so much that we're trying to keep secrets, I just don't want beta discussion cluttering up the normal help, questions and sharing that goes on in the forums. Especially when it comes to API changes - people may think they have access to something that is not released yet and get frustrated."

I remember that post of @Simeon and totally agree. It also seems that beta discussion risks the raising of false hope for features later rejected and thus, further frustration.

@Blanchot: I totally agree. We should more focus on sharing tips, tricks, nice tools (if @Bortels would not have started with a font class… think about how much code we would not have, not to forget about all the other brilliant tools we got from many others in this forum). I would love to go back to that mode again. I think we have plenty of good beta testers and I trust that they do a good job here. So let’s consider the new features as a surprise (like a gift …)

Agreed

I only wanted to let those curious fellows know what’s coming. Not to confuse new comers about currently available features.

Hey @Bortels - You just said “Neither is in the current beta.” above. Out if curiosity, I kept looking at the comments. What’s all this talk about the keyboard and Bluetooth keyboard stuff?
Thanks!
PS - I would PM you if I wasn’t on an iPhone right now.

What I said was correct when I wrote it.

Like I said - they keep adding things to the beta. 1.3 is going to be awesome.

They did add keyboard this morning, there are some quirks, we’re working thru them. First thing I did was confirm it’ll work with bluetooth keyboard, including the iCade. That’s awesome. Will it be in the release? I hope so. But, again - quirks.

I have no doubt that as soon as they submit a version to Apple for approval, they’ll post a list of features. Until that happens, things may or may not be there. Sockets were in the beta for a long time before they went away.

Ah. I looked at all of you beta tester’s comments again and saw that. I would like to delete this conversation so I can’t confuse new comers. I atleast changed it to members only.

Wait. Your a modifier @Bortels.

I think so long as conversation about the beta is kept in this thread, the potential for confusion is minimal - it’s pretty clear this is about the beta, not release.

But I’d repeat - any of this could get pulled if it turns out to break things (or if it annoys Apple - I doubt any of it will). I doubt it’ll happen - but the only way anyone will know what’s in the release, including TLL, is by looking at it when Apple has approved it.

What I can tell you for sure is the TLL guys are going like gangbusters with the new features - they’re really trying to pack as much into this new release as they can. We’ll all have a lot of new toys to play with, soon I hope. The actual release schedule is likely to be totally up to Apple - think good thoughts.

Yes, I’ve been constantly looking at the comments.