( Exit Project / Hide Search Panel / Hide Help ) ”<“ Button scrolls out of view in the editor

When using the editor in the current version (2.6), the [<] button scrolls out of view with the tabs. It is set in place relative to the tabs rather than the window.

The button exits the editor, but it also serves to hide the search panel and the help panel, so it seems counter-intuitive that its visibility depends on which tab you are editing. It is confusing to temporarily “lose” the exit function when editing projects with many tabs.

I would hope this button could be anchored to the window, much like the add tab [+] button on the right.

I’m not sure if this is something that changed with the current version—I’ve only been using Codea for about a month. I really appreciate all your work.

Thank you either way! I’m loving Codea!

-Olympia, WA

@AlbertEinlime good feedback! I’d like these buttons to be pinned to the screen, too. If you have a hardware keyboard connected you can close the side pane with Command-W (and then you can close the code editor with the same shortcut).

It’s been this way for a while, but I have a re-design of the code editor in-progress that makes things more sensible in this area.

Thank you! I did see that as I was trying to puzzle out where I’d gone wrong. (Also thank you for implementing the shortcut discovery feature with command hold)

Great work!