ETA on 1.5?

This will be available with shaders. OpenGL ES 2.0 doesn’t have any of the fixed function lighting functions from 1.0, so you’ll have to write your own, but it’s completely possible.

I’m happy to say Codea 1.5 is now complete.

We’re going to wait until some translators have had a chance to update their localisations before we submit. Also, any major bugs discovered between now and submission time will also have to be fixed. But other than that, it’s extremely close.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

No… thank YOU Simeon and the rest of the Codea team, for your dedication and ongoing support for this amazing project and its thriving community. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

i could not agree more with the_dude thank you Simeon

This is fantastic news! Can’t wait for the first tutorial on sharers…@reefwing or @andrew_stacey, did you already start one? I really need to shoot a flaming arrow down a hallway!

I don’t think I’m breaking any NDA when I say you guys are going to be blown away by what some of these guys have accomplished in 1,5. I’ve been bad beta tester on this round, barely touching the new features, but I’ve been bowled over by what I’ve seen from those exploring the new areas.

Oh Oh soo excited. Will finish the romanian translation tonight. I am translatin’ and salivatin’

Done I forgot to say thanks

Woo hoo - can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Hi All,

My keyboard has just packed in due the excess drool …$%£!!!

Thanks,

Bri_G

:open_mouth:

This is awesome, I have been lurking here for some time. Learning LUA and Codea. I’m coming from an asction script background. i am getting the framework ready for a simple game. I can’t wait to see the new changes

thwapp

@Simeon, any commentary on the runtime?

Just wait until you see this stuff - 1.5 is crazy good.

Me? I’d have slapped a 2.0 on it and charged more money. There are enough new features and fun here to make it worth it, really. The fact that the TLL crew continue to add value to this is just unbelievable.

And - while I’m talking about it - a round of applause to the beta testers. I’ve been super busy at work, and so I couldn’t be as active as I would have liked to, but there are guys who’ve spent hours and hours beating on this - not only finding and reporting issues, but writing sample code and shaders and so on. Really good stuff - I can hardly wait to see what the rest of the community does with this.

So - thank you to everyone involved from myself, and tell your friends and neighbors - or just show them. Me, I’m gonna find me some 8 year old kid who’s fortunate enough to have an ipad and be messing with programming, and just gift him (or her!) a copy. (That’s not a bad idea - I wonder if there’s a way we could match up “thank you” gift buys with kids who could/would benefit from this sort of thing, in the same way I benefited from my Atari back in the day…)

I got codea just a month ago I’m amazed what it can do now, so I can’t wait to see what 1.5 can do

@Bortels. I love your idea of gifting Codea - I’d be happy to “pay it forward” and gift a couple of copies, if you have any idea of how to reach some deserving cases then please let me know.

Just noticed that 1.5 has now been submitted and is awaiting review - the wait’s almost over people! :slight_smile:

Cant with !!

Wait * auto correct fail

How long does the apple reviewing process usually take?

http://reviewtimes.shinydevelopment.com

Though I think that site might be biased towards shorter review times — I suspect people who get short review times are more likely to post about them.