direction of craft spotlight?

@John i don’t seem to be able change the direction of the SPOT type of light? According to the reference this should be controlled by the orientation of its associated Entity. By setting the Entity eulerAngles i can define the Entity orientation, but the spotlight is unaffected and is always pointing downwards. I wonder what i am doing wrong?

By the way, the Entity.scale parameter seems to also affect the spot light, is that intentional? does this mean the spotlight source has a physical extension?

@John did you get a chance to investigate the craft spotlight orientation issue? I am now at the stage in my project that i would like to implement this. Many thanks.

@piinthesky This sounds odd I’ll have to test it. By the looks of the code, the scale of the entity is an issue that needs to be taken into account.

@piinthesky I’ve found and fixed both the scaling and rotation bugs. This fix will be in the next release of Codea.

thanks, looking forward to the next release!

@John still didn’t manage to orient a spotlight in the 3.0 beta. If you really think it is fixed could you post an example code.

Hi @piinthesky
Sorry about that. It will be in the next build.

@piinthesky sorry it was my fault. I forgot to get john’s craft changes into the latest build

@Simeon ok thanks