Device Names.

I can’t seem to find this on the forum, but what are the keywords for checking if a device is an iPhone 5, 5s, and 5c? And say the iPhone 5 is “iPhone5,1” (I’m pretty sure this is correct, but correct me if I’m wrong). What do the digits after the comma mean? Do they show what iOS the device is running on? I want to check if the device is an iPhone in deviceMetrics, but I don’t want it to not execute a block of code if the device isn’t on the latest version of ios7 as I want to include support from iOS 6 and beyond.

I know I can include the support for iOS 6 in Xcode, but I just want to make sure the code I’m writing in Codea won’t interfere.

deviceMetrics Do a forum search on that.

@dave1707. I have.

@YoloSwag Here’s some code if you need it.

function setup()
    dev=deviceMetrics()
    for a,b in pairs(dev) do
        print(a,b)
    end

print()

-- or this way for individual values

print(deviceMetrics().hwmodel)    
    print(deviceMetrics().platform)
    print(deviceMetrics().platformName)
end

@dave1707. Thanks, but I was wondering if anybody knew the exact name for the iphone 5, 5s, and 5c because I’m only making my app compatible with iPads and these select iPhones

Does anybody know where I can find the exact names? I really do need them to check if my app is running on an iPhone or not.

They are:

iPhone 5

iPhone5,1

iPhone5,2

iPhone 5c

iPhone5,3

iPhone5,4

iPhone 5s

iPhone6,1

iPhone6,2

The number after the comma simply indicates that it is a model of that iPhone version that works on a different type of carrier. For example, CDMA and GSM carriers.

@Saturn031000. Thank you so much!

:-bd