Crashing bugs

@Andrew any fairly simple code that can recreate the issue? I am not having much luck.

Edit: actually I can see what’s happening, just need to fix it.

Still getting editing crashes on 1.4.5(3) with files of moderate size (400-500 lines). Seems to happen more readily when I’ve moved back and forth between several files and is preceded by slow down and ragged scrolling.

IsKeyboardShown() much appreciated.

Can you let me know if the latest build (5 I think) fixes it for you? There was a fairly big bug in the editor that was fixed.

One thing that’s happening consistently: hitting Run with the cursor inside a string (between the quotation marks) is an immediate crash.

Hi @Mark, I wonder if this is the same bug that crashes Codea when you run with the cursor after sound() ?

I logged it as https://bitbucket.org/TwoLivesLeft/codea/issue/185/running-project-with-cursor-after-sound

Quite likely, @Fred. I’m also getting crash-on-play if the cursor is inside any set of parens, or on a line that’s a comment.

Thanks guys, looking into this now.

I’m getting a lot of the crash-on-largish-files at the moment.

According to TestFlight all the recent crashes were caused by the same issue, I believe I have fixed that issue. If it’s still troublesome please let me know.

I want to make sure 1.4.5 is solid while I start a new feature release.

I just took it for a quick spin and the cursor crash seems fixed. Thanks!