Craft Projects don't run on my iPad 3 running iOS 9

Am I just SOL with an iPad this old?

Error message is the same every project:

[string "-- Craft Scenes..."]:28: bitset to_ulong overflow error
stack traceback:
	[C]: in method 'draw'
	[string "-- Craft Scenes..."]:28: in function 'draw'

It seems like I might be able to manually fix it if it’s just that one line…

“Overflow”? That may be a hardware issue.

Maybe they just didn’t update the specs on the App Store. I’m running 9.3.5 and it says it will run on 9.3 or later…

That may be a hardware issue.
Hardware, not iOS version (e.g. iPad model). On your comment about the description, that may still be true for most features, not all.

@em2 you’re right, and I unadvisedly left out the whole specs section regarding this, which reads

Compatibility: requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.

I don’t have any kind of animus though, about it, it’s old hardware, I get it. They could helpfully update the Compatibility section, I think, is all.

BTW all the old sample projects run fine, including the 3D ones, which I mention just for the sake of complete information.

It may be a bug, so I’ll be quoting you in the Codea Craft bugs thread.

I’ll look into this and see what’s happening. If iOS lets you run it then it should work

@UberGoober looks like a bug with 32 bit CPUs. I’m guessing this should be possible to fix on our end and is due to a lack of us testing on real hardware. Sorry about this!

No sorry, I’m elated to hear it could be fixed at all! Besides I was in the middle of a 2D project and I didn’t need the distraction anyway. :slight_smile:

@Simeon Sorry to bring a month old post back up, but I’d just like to inform you that I am also having the same issue. I have an Ipad Mini 1, version 9.3.5 and I’m getting the same error whenever I run any code that uses Craft.

@Kolosso what craft version are you on? Have you read the beta threads?

@em2 no. What beta threads? I haven’t been very active on the forums lately.

@Kolosso a fix for this is still “In Review” with Apple for over a week now. I contacted them about why this is taking so long but they are yet to get back to me.

Thanks @Simeon. I Can wait as long as it takes. I’m just glad I’ll be able to try out Craft! :slight_smile:

@Kolosso it should be out now. 2.5.1 should run Craft projects on 32 bit devices.

@Simeon It worked! Thank-you so much!