CodeaProjectBuilder - A Codea build machine

Hiya, I use this continuously so I can deploy my game to my colleague who is writing the AI portion of the game, it works really well, although I do find I have to a) delete the zip file after the build as my dropbox will not overwrite the zip for some reason, and I do have to restart Jenkins periodically as the certificate signing fails over time, which is weird, but a restart sorts it out…

It is brilliant, would love an addon for sockets and also for an embedded webserver for player versus player e.g. cocoahttpserver…

Brookesi

Hi brookesi! Glad to hear this is being used :slight_smile:

For a), you’re saying that Codea does not overwrite your project when you export it again to Dropbox? I know for sure I didn’t have to delete the zip file when I created this solution. However, I would have to test again to check if this is something caused by a newer version of Dropbox :confused:

@jfperussee Thanks again for this project. Very handy.

I’m trying to set this up on a different mac and I cant remember how to add the Testflight token. I don’t seem to have the option in global certs.

@Briarfox I just happen to be installing it again on a different mac as well. I know some stuff changed in TestFlight in the latest versions. The first step is to go under Manage Jenkins, Configure System, and add your keys to the Test Flight section. Then you can use those keys in your CodeaProjectBuilder project.

I updated CodeaProjectBuilder to better support multiple projects (if only I would ship at least one Codea game, I would have covered these issues already :wink: ).

I confirm that the build machine still works fine with Codea 2.0, and, obviously, the MusicAddon is not necessary anymore.

The user and all related content has been deleted.

@NatThecoder you can make fully fledged games with Codea. I’m not sure I understand your question. You can use jenkins to build your codea project.

@NatTheCoder this helps a lot if you don’t know much obj-c, as it is a bit like plug and play addons that build with the original Codea code

@NatTheCoder, as @Briarfox mentionned, you can make fully fledged games with Codea.

However, when you want to share your game around (e.g. for testing purposes), test it on different devices like iPhones, or if you want to access features that are not part of Codea (e.g. GameCenter), you have to:

1. Export your project

2. Send it to a Mac computer (e.g. DropBox)

3. Unarchive the project

4. Open it in Xcode and configure the project (bundle identifier, mobile provision, screenshots, resources, etc.)

5. Add extra code like plugins

6. Compile the project

7. Archive it

8. Send it to your friends (e.g. TestFlight)

What the CodeaProjectBuilder does is take care of steps 3-8 for you, so it does actually a lot more than what @Luatee said!

You simply have to export your project and put it in DropBox, then sit back and relax while the build machine does all the work for you. In the entire process, you never have to plug your device to your PC, or use your mac computer. In the end, you and your friends get an e-mail to say the game is ready to download on the devices using TestFlight.

Obviously, in order to set this up, you must already be familiar (and set up) with how to build Codea exported Xcode projects.

Hope that answers your question!