Codea Runtime slower than Codea

I saw someone else mention in another thread that they had the same experience as I do: my app runs way slower (lower fps) as a codea runtime app than it does in codea itself. That doesn’t seem to make any sense to me. In that other thread I read, debug mode was mentioned as a possible culprit… but if I create a distribution of my runtime app it shouldn’t be possible for the distributed version to be in debug mode… Right?

Is that the real reason for slower performance in the runtime?

Thanks!
Mike

.@Neztec - the simulator on your Mac will be slower. Do you have the same problem when you run it on your iPad via Xcode?

I have the issue when I create an archive for distribution so that I can download directly on my ipad / other people’s ipads. Last night I did another distribution and suddenly it ran much faster on my iPad 2 (same speed as in Codea)… but it still runs mysteriously slow on a retina iPad 3.

So I don’t know what I did to make the iPad 2 version run fast… and I don’t know why the retina version would be that much slower… doesn’t seem right since the iPad 3 has more hardware to deal with retina graphics… could it be something else?

I’m confused.

• Mike