Not quite sure who is behind this so I posted to all three of you.
Loaded Codea Runner and assumed it would work with all my recorded trials. But then common sense told me there maybe a few issues/requirements for the package as I ran into a number of blank black screens. Can I confirm:
The runner will not show code
The runner requires finished packages
The runner requires all resource files bundled with the Codea project (ie in the project folder).
If these are not correct could you please outline the scope for the Codea Runner and possibly set up a dedicated page for future discussions with Codea users and you creators.
Thanks for generating this - I look forward to using it on my Mac.
p.s. please add ‘Codea Runner’ to the optional tags menu
Dragging a file to the window fired up an error that Codea Runner expected a Codea Project directory - it would help if it could take the source directory for the project to search for related files.
There is no Help listing when you select the Mac help directory for application help.
A little explanation may help until the Codea Runner is fully developed.
Oh - have you any recommendations for project structure for assets etc. I take it they should be in the project folder itself - but are sub directories acceptable ?
Thanks for trying it! You are right there should be better errors, more flexibility around what it accepts, and help. Will post an update when I have it
@sim, @jfperusse - I have tried to run a few zipped Codea projects with Codea runner. I couldn’t get any of them to work. If it’s not currently within the scope of Runner could you possibly consider it as keeping finished/development versions as zipped files would be a boon.
Off the wall - is is possible to change the zipped file icon to a Codea style ? - that would be crazy good.
Addendum - seems like on some of the archivers it is possible.
@sim - another question for you - you currently use TestFlight to upgrade Codea for the iPad. With your introduction of macOS Codea and runner are you proposing to update them from the same TestFlite page or will you need to run separate TestFlite pages for each of them ?