Codea Competition (Need input on v2)

Re looked at all the code. Ots REALLY cool. Love them.

So sorry, I forgot to get the right weekend. But I have the results. I ABSOLUTELY loved all of your apps. I could play them all all day. Not one was just some game with no point or worth anything. It was tight choice, but I have to say @Mark was quite interesting and fun. Just how it was unique, simple, and had little code (wich also made it easier to change your fuel and such :slight_smile: ) was amazing. From checker, to space invaders, to hitch rocketing (as opposed to hist hiking), ect. ect., they were all amazing. I repeat, it was a really hard choice. I am going to post all your code on my website in a nice organized fashion for others to try.
The second compitition is coming soon. PLEASE drop ideas and especially ideas that would get people coding under the utilities section.
Sorry for the delay in the announcement of winners.
-@Zoyt

Gratz @Mark

@Ipda41001 - I have to say yours was really close too, I also loved your enthusiasm. :slight_smile:

Thx :slight_smile:

Hey, cool. Thanks.

I may have to elaborate on that little game once 1.3 ships.

Cool. Looking forward to the update!

Here’smunthinking for the next one:
Game section: ZOMBIES!
Other section: Anything musical and uses CFXR.
Like it? Other ideas? LMK.
Thanks!

REALLY NEED INPUT PLEASE!

What about games with scrolling backgrounds or a productivity application?

Theme…sports

I don’t know @Ldsguy1. Should I be more specific?

By the way guys, sorry for not posing the code in my website yet. I haven’t had a chance.

I like the scrolling backgrounds idea. I’ve been thinking about doing something with planes and perspective scrolling.

Sports or zombies, I don’t care.

Related to planes, well airplanes, I was thinking about this a week or so ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbLVnQlDbzE 1941

Actually it was this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNv0_wY5jp8 Timepilot

Ha! I was thinkIng Scramble

Thanks fir the ideas. You guys seem to like the plane idea. I think ill do that. About tge other section, is music a good idea? By the way guys, sorry for not posing the code in my website yet. I haven’t had a chance.
Thanks!

And the end date… February 12? Starts in 3 days? Should I allow custom sprite packs?
Thanks!

I think I’ll do this:

Hello again, 
It's about time for the second Codea competition. Last time, there was no real place to post the code. This time, I would prefer it if you sent me a private message on the Codea forums with the code in it. I would then post it on my website. That way you don't junk the forums with code. This will work until I work out a better way to do this.

SECTIONS:
1. Game section: PLANES! It must be a game related to planes.
2. Other section: Anything musical.

RULES:
•Last competition, I had a lot of spinoffs of the ship avoiding asteroids example. I will be strait on with you this time: NO SPINOFFS.
•I will allow custom sprite packs and use of Spritely, but it must be relevant images.
•Code must be posted before February 12.
•The app must not crash Codea.
•You may submit updates of your app after you've submitted one.
•You may enter one price of code in each category.

HOW TO ENTER:
1. Send me a private message on the Codea forums with the code. If you have a sprite pack, send me a link.
2. Wait for the results.
3. Congratulate the winner or yourself.
4. Do not have your hopes let down if you don't win. This is just my opinion. I lived every game last time, and I think I will this time.

Thanks!   

Let me know what you think and what I should change! And
Feel free to get coding!

Sounds neat.