Codea 3.7 (369)

@sim Here’s another problem I ran into.

I forgot to put a space between the 10 and “do” in the “for” loop. Legacy code wouldn’t run or put out an error.

function setup()
    for z=1,10do
        print(z)
    end
end
1 Like

@dave1707 - I’ve seen that before but I thought it was just down to non parseable code. I’d expect the parser to look for < space > as a delimeter for code commands etc although interestingly it’s recognized and coloured up the number part of the error.

Thanks for that example, I’ll be going through all the feedback and working on fixes as soon as I can!

@sim @dave1707- just posted three consecutive crash reports after playing with a project. I must have unintentionally run the project in split mode. The project threw up an error with a Bitwise op on a Boolean variable. I modified accordingly and shortly after it crashed. A second split window popped up which I attempted to close - second crash. Loaded up again, mods hadn’t been saved. Changed and third crash happened after running, before the third crash I couldn’t get the keyboard up to edit the project.

Few things - suggested labelling windows up to identify project ID for editor and running project Switchable on/off). Also the menu options for single or split are too close together - can you separate a bit?

I like the long press on the keyboard run button option

1 Like

I sent you an image from my iPhone when editing the example project Lines.

Here’s another example, “1then” and “1or”. It seems like it doesn’t know there should be a space after the numbers to show an error message.

function setup()
    if a==1then
        a=0
    end
    if a==1or a==2 then
        a=0
    end
end

Where did you send it?

Thank you for sending the reports! It’s really helpful and we’ve found a number of bugs through them

Hi. I sent it through testflight with a screenshot. But I just edited any project, no code completions at all.

What iOS version are you on?

@sim I’m on the latest version, 367, and on my iPhone I don’t get the code completion line. On my iPad, it works fine.

@tnlogy Are you running Codea on an iPhone or an iPad.

@sim @dave1707 - had a crash, sent report in. Reminiscent of a previous report. So simulated the crash. Two tabs shows better so here they are - Main and Utils

Main

function setup()
    --
    test = readImage(asset.builtin.Blocks.Brick_Red)
end

function draw()
    -- 
    background(40, 40, 50)
    -- sprite(,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
    showImage()
end

And Utils

function showImage()
    --
    sprite(,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
end

On the main page, if you remove the rem before the sprite command and remove showimage() with no Utils tab - it shows up a pale green description of the command, but on running doesn’t show an error.

More confusing if you you add the utils tab and run the code as is you end up on the utils tab with the cursor there and no error.

After swiping off Codea it crashed later.

That will help me track this down. Thank you!

Codea version 3.7 (368)

The autocomplete line now shows on the iPhone.

These errors now get flagged when the project is run. The “10do” and the “1or.”

function setup()
    for z=1,10do
        a=1
    end
    if a==1or a==2 then
        a=3
    end    
end

Closing the editor of a program running in a new window now closes the running project in the new window.

1 Like

Yes, autocomplete now works! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dave1707 @sim - loaded up 368 and played about for a while, made some minor changes then started to get odd errors when trying to access functions in another tab. Also had 3 error bars up at once, each pointing to a function in my Utils tab. Can’t say as I have ever seen multiple error bars up, thought th parser highlighted the first one then moved onto a second after resolution of the first error.

@dave1707 - while I’m posting thought I’d add another issue that has been present for some time. It’s minor, but irritating.

I like to type in my code with indentations so that I can see the structure. If I am editing indented code say by inserting a for next or similar, the indentation gets completely lost - the end statement tends to lose its link and loses indentation. The code is OK but I have tab out the end statement. Normally put up with this but sometimes having to do it frequently gets a bit frustrating. Have you experienced this?

@Bri_G I run into that a lot too. What I do is tap Edit (upper left of screen) and tap Format Code to reformat the code.

@sim @John @dave1707 - there is something wrong with 368, it regards several function calls to functions in a separate tab to Main as undefined global variables.

I loaded 367 which worked fine except for the odd glitches reported. But, the same problem occurs in 367 which to me suggests that the save file developed in 368 is carrying the issue. Haven’t tried any earlier versions.

I’ll zip copy the file and post it to you later, please ignore the bad programming style.

1 Like

Minefield3.zip (272.6 KB)

1 Like