Codea 3.7 (359)

@skar the way it works with Air Code is that we inject a new version of any class or function you edit into the currently running Lua runtime. This replaces the previous class or function definition, so any newly-allocated classes of that type in Lua will use the new version, even without restarting the code. We would love to do the same for a runtime instance running in a new window

Thanks for checking it out @dave1707, we’re still fixing bugs and issues with multi-window support but yours and everyone’s feedback has been really helpful

@sim I was running a program under split screen, the same program in both windows. After some time, I would lose some of the graphics in one of the screens. If I restarted the program, sometimes all the graphics would show, sometimes only some. If I restarted both programs, I would lose some graphics again, sometimes in the other window. So the window didn’t matter, it would happen in either one. After closing Codea and restarting everything again, I couldn’t get the missing graphics to happen again. Codea wouldn’t crash, so I couldn’t send a crash report when it was happening.

Ps. It was Craft graphics that was missing, but sometimes not all Craft graphics. Normal graphics wasn’t affected. I had different tables that had the positions of where I wanted to show the graphics. It’s like different tables showed their graphics and others didn’t. There were times where none of the Craft graphics were shown.

Interesting, were the Craft graphics using assets to render? Like sprites or images you were loading?

I refactored that code recently and this may be a bug that I have introduced

@sim They were icospheres and cubes.

i’m not sure how long this has been a problem but i can’t open the font() menu to see all the font options

This seems like a bug in the beta, will look into it. Thank you for reporting!

And when a function that contains error are injected into the lua runtime, may-it crash the whole Codea App?
It was happening all the time for me, that why I stop using Air Codea.

Yes, they shouldn’t, but if they do it is a bug. If you have a reproducible test case, please post it and let us know. I’d like Codea not to crash if possible (there are some cases when using the objc API where it is unavoidable, but in terms of the standard API)

@Sim @John - Could someone change the title of the thread to Codea 3.7 (359).

Also, found an error in this version - I can’t get to open the font dialogue. I typed in font() and it flashes a yellow square, which disappears but placing the caret is difficult and even when it gets inside the brackets it won’t open the font dialogue. Tried this on two iPads - same result.

Also - when tapping to get the keyboard up could you leave a blank line below the last code line as trying to select something like the font just above the keyboard is difficult.

Another issue I have noted is when I have set up a series of variable definitions and say on the last one I want to add a remark I usually press space a few times to space out to keep remarks aligned when I type two spaces it now places a full stop after the last variable definition, which is sometimes easy to miss. This looks like the code parser has a text editing routine present - ie starting a new sentence in a text editor.

Finally I raised an issue some time ago about the drop down menus on the editor not disappearing if you tap anywhere on the page. I’ve found that you can tap on the heading menu at the top and it disappears but the tap area seems to be quite small as I sometimes have to tap it several times.

Sorry about all the gripes, had a bad day !!!

@Bri_G Changed the title line to 359. Also tried the font() and couldn’t get it to work either.

@dave1707 - thanks for confirming that. Wasn’t sure if it was my big fat digit.

@sim If I type sound() and tap within the () but I tap the screen instead of selecting something, Codea crashes.

@dave1707 - that’s a good find. Could it be related to the font dialogue ? Have the links to give the response to the parentheses input been lost or displaced?

@Sim @John @dave1707 - Font Update - wrt my post on font() issue, the fonts are accessible. Just copied and pasted a font() call from another project and it worked fine.

Also - font issue common to V3 and V4 Codea.

I started to use AirCodea a bit, It crash a lot for different reason :

• refreshing the browser
  • changing tabs
  • inserting code
  • waiting and do nothing
  • inserting error

I’m using an Ipad Mini 4 with only 1 core, can it be the cause?

@moechofe - I don’t think your pad is the problem. Aircode has been temperamental since it was set up. I use it occasionally but am careful what I do otherwise code is lost.

You’ve already pointed out the issues in your list.

Thanks for all the bug reports. The font() issue is fixed for next build

@moechofe Air Code needs a bit of a revamp, and that is coming as we add support for running projects in a new window. Air Code will be able to re-use some of the new infrastructure for it.

@dave1707 will look into the sound() bug, thank you for reporting it