In the latest version I just had the dreaded “suddenly lose all work” bug, which I haven’t seen in a long time.
I had set up an assertion to check dependencies, and to test it I unchecked one of the dependencies and ran the project.
The assertion failed, as expected, and the error message printed out, but there was also a second error that I didn’t really look at.
It seemed odd that any error would occur after a failed assertion, but I didn’t pay any more attention to it than that.
When I returned to my project, there was another oddity, in that about four words had been deleted from an unrelated line down near the end of the project.
I assumed I’d made some mistake, so I hit the undo button (this is on the iPhone 8), but nothing happened.
Then I went to turn back on the dependency that I’d turned off, and was surprised to see that it was already checked on again–which I know for sure it wasn’t a second ago, because as you’ll recall I’d just failed an assertion regarding including it.
And when I left the dependencies screen:
- all my assertion code was gone
- a bunch of other code adjustments were gone
- the oddly missing four words of code were back
…it was upsetting. OTOH it also made me realize it hasn’t happened in a long time, and that’s pretty great.
BTW, in case it has anything to do with it, my phone was at 1% battery.
The code I was working on is the same code posted here: