Codea 3.4 (288)

@Bri_G Thanks for the report! I’m trying to smooth this out a bit. I have one more build and if there are no pressing issues I might release it as Codea 3.4

@Simeon - same with 14.7

@Simeon - still there with 148, maybe not as pronounced. Interesting the background doesn’t shift it’s the superimposed buttons and project files that shift. It’s almost like the superimposed file window default positions have changed then adjusted. Does the problem involve the file search utility and the buttons? Would handling them separately solve the problem?

Clarification - I mean a separate window for the controls from the projects window.

@Simeon (288) The project icons no longer fade but there’s still a small judder.

where is the jump to symbol button? does it exist on magic keyboard? what is the new button top right on project page and how is it used? how do we make collections?

@RonJeffries If you mean folders for collections, you create them in the Files app. Once they’re created and show in the Codea projects, then you can drag projects to them.

@RonJeffries yes, so far there is not yet a UI to make collections but Codea will pick up folders you have in the Files app. The latest update does let you drag and drop projects around in the browser UI

Well, hmm. I guess I’ll have to try that.

As for jump to symbol, it appears to be similar to command shift right arrow, selecting the next “interesting” thing, typically popping over to punctuation, but also doing some nice things like matching quotes.

Multi-purposing it to tab is odd. Going into tab mode at the end of the line is truly odd. Does anyone want a tab at the end of a line?

Interesting stuff tho. Progress.

@RonJeffries do you think it should jump to the next line after reaching the end of the line? I debated what to do but didn’t want to mask the tab key in case it was needed

ideally, i think it’d be its own key and work the same always, grabbing next word, with tab a separate key. sharing will never work well, but i see there’s not much room. keep in mind that i’m on 12.9 ipads, not trying to code on my phone.

I can see what you mean. I’m not sure if I’ll change it just yet — since there actually is a dedicated TAB key (not just Codea’s) on the iPad software keyboard, and as you say, sharing is kind of necessary for iPhone

@Simeon just noticed that viewer.mode=fullscreen_no_buttons is not preserved when the app is switched out and back in again (i.e. swipe up from bottom of screen and then going back to the program running in codea). The buttons reappear.

@piinthesky that is correct, it was one of those that started out as a bug but I decided to keep in case anyone got trapped in that mode

@Simeon is one more likely to get ‘trapped’ in a restart compared to the first time?

@rbyx (who no longer exists) I’m so sorry! I accidentally deleted your account along with a batch of spammers. Please feel free to sign up again, and thank you for reporting the Shader Lab issue - will fix

@rbryx - yup, can confirm shader lab crashing in 288.

I hope this is the right thread for these two cents: I like the new rounded squares for the project icons just fine, but I don’t like the thin white border line on them. It’s distracting to me.

I agree with @UberGoober

I also find it odd and unintuitive that the button for opening the left sidebar is now on the right side of the screen. The interaction where you click it and the panel slides in from the other side feels awkward even on a phone, and worse on my large iPad Pro.

Personally I think that button should switch spots with the search button on iPhone. On iPad I would prefer to have the button on the left and the search bar in the middle.

Cheers!

EDIT: I love how the gear rolls as the right sidebar comes out. I’m not sure if that’s new with the icon refresh but it’s a lovely touch :slight_smile: