Codea 3.2.5 (240)

@dave1707 Interesting, there was no crash log associated with that report. If it happens again please let me know

@Simeon - just confirming I sent a report in duplicating @dave1707 s crash with 240. But I then shut down my iPad and restarted then scrolled up from the bottom and found both Codea and Testflite windows active. Tapping on the Codea widow opened to where I was on the projects window before the crash.

Is this a feature of the installation?

After a crash are memory allocations and code cleared?

I always thought memory was cleared after shutting down - is some feature of the installation from Testflite still active as it is an installer and leaves a residue of the iPad condition, if not properly closed, after an installation?

@Simeon - as with @dave1707 could not duplicate the error with 240. Is it worth resetting 240 in Testflite, or re-issuing it again as 241, to see if it occurs again. Testflite just links to open 240 now.

@Bri_G I downloaded an older version of Codea from the App Store and then re-downloaded version 240 to see if I could recreate the crash. It didn’t crash when I did the exact same thing as the original download.

what version has the sound fix? i have 240, sound works on ipad, not on iphone. ios 13.7 ipados 13.7

Thanks @dave1707 @Bri_G for trying to reproduce. I hope it’s fixed. Those crashes you logged immediately after updating didn’t have associated crash logs, so I’m hopeful the issue is gone, or mostly gone

@RonJeffries I broke sound in one of the first betas of v3.2.5. Could it be that your iPhone is on silent? It always happens to me

shjt, that was it, tho other things were making sounds anyway. thanks! :slight_smile:

@Simeon I’m on ipados 14.1 and the latest Codea. I’m having trouble copying and pasting code. I can drag to highlight several lines and get the “cut copy paste re-indent find” pop up, but when I try to paste the code to a blank line, I can’t get the “cut copy paste re-indent find” pop up to show. I have to drag over several lines to highlight them to get the pop up instead of just tapping a single line for the pop up to show. If the line has text on it, them a single tap brings up the pop up.

Hmm I just installed iOS 14.0.1 and I am able to tap on the cursor on a blank line to bring up the menu. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

@Simeon If I tap on a blank line, it places the cursor there. If I then tap farther to the right on the same line, I get the pop up “Select, Select All”. I’ll keep trying to pin things down. This is on an iPad Air 3.

PS. Make that ipados 14.0 , not 14.1 . There’s now a 14.0.1 update showing.

If I try this on an iPad Pro 1 with the latest Codea and ipados 14.0, I get the pop up “Select, Select All, Paste”.

Now on the iPad Air 3, I’m getting the pop up “Select, Select All, Paste”. Not sure why Paste is now showing.

@Simeon Forget about the problem with double tapping with end and the next line being highlighted. Somehow there were 4 spaces on the next line and those also got highlighted.

@Simeon Heres something else with a bunch of blank lines at the end of code. If I tap on a line number in the gutter, the line number is darker grey with the cursor on the line. No pop up for copy paste. If I tap on a line number and drag down one line, both line numbers are darker grey and the whole first line is highlighted in blue with the drag icons on each end. I also show the pop up “cut copy paste re-indent find” . There is no way I can get the pop up just tapping a blank line.

PS. I don’t know if I’m helping or adding more confusion to the problem.

Do you mean tapping the line number or tapping the cursor (or past the cursor) along the line? Because I can get the popup if I tap the cursor or further to the right of the cursor, but it won’t appear when I tap the line number

@Simeon Tapping the line number just puts the cursor on that line. Tapping the cursor does nothing. I have to tap about a half inch to the right of the cursor before the “Select, Select All, Paste” pop up shows.

@Simeon I tried my old iPad that has Codea 3.1 (208) still on it and tapping the line number brings up the “Select, Select All, Paste” pop up. That’s how I remember it working.

I think I might be able to restore the line number tap functionality

@Simeon Saw something like this a few days ago, but I wasn’t sure what caused it. It happened again and I was able to use this code to recreate it to get a picture of it. If I keep rotating the iPad from landscape to portrait to landscape, etc., the code moves to the bottom of the screen. Here’s the code I used to make it happen. I closed Codea and got back in, but I couldn’t get it to do it again. So I’m not sure what leads up to the cause. See the attached picture.

displayMode(STANDARD)

function setup()    
end

function draw()
    background(0)
    sprite(asset.builtin.Planet_Cute.Character_Horn_Girl,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
end

function touched(t)

end

Oh thanks @dave1707 — I’ve encountered this one too due to a change I made recently. This will help me fix it