Codea 3.0 (186)

@exomut - tried your suggestion and works well, thanks.

@dave1707 - I usually use the default template but always change the displayMode() and delete the remarked help lines, but I tend to have several ‘system variables’ that I set up myself I would like to add. So a template would help. But, a project skeleton project file would serve but it would be susceptible to deletion.

@Bri_G @exomut Here’s one way to have your own format. Since I have my projects sorted by name, I have the below code in a project called #a . That always shows as my first project. Then instead of tapping Add New Project, I just long press on #a, select Duplicate, give it a project name and tap Create. That creates a new project with the below code. Being able to change the Codea default program would be the best choice.

displayMode(FULLSCREEN)

function setup()
end

function draw()
    background(0)
end

@dave1707 - thanks for the suggestion, I like the way you name your template project. Just thought, if you have a number of project templates you could put them in a collection and duplicate the one you need. Only problem is ordering of collections seems a bit random.

@Bri_G Do you have your projects sorted by name or by recent. Mine are sorted by name so the #a is always first. I could add more, #b, #c etc, but one is enough for now.

@dave1707 - are collections sorted in the same way as projects? I always sort on most recent for projects so my current projects are at the top. Switch to alphabetic when I look for older projects. Group project versions in collections.

@Simeon, i would like to suggest that if the find/replace button is selected then the cursor would automatically move to the text window in which the text to be searched is typed.

@piinthesky it behaves like that for me on my devices, can you tell me more detail about what happens for you?

@Simeon @piinthesky When I tap the find icon (magnifying glass) it opens the search area and places the cursor there. If I double tap on a word and select find from the pop up, it places the highlighted word in the search area with the cursor after it. I’m on the latest beta.

Yes, but if the find/replace panel is already open and you press the find icon a second time then the cursor does not relocate to the search box, would be nice if it would.

@piinthesky @Simeon Then if the find/replace is already open and there’s a word there from the previous find/replace, then tapping the find icon should clear the word that’s already there and leave the cursor.

@piinthesky @dave1707 ah that clears it up, good suggestions

@Simeon When the reference is showing and the keyboard is showing, if I swipe down in the reference area, the white keyboard turns dark and looses the top row. If I tap in the editor area, the white keyboard comes back. Is there a reason for switching keyboards.

Maybe the round corner everywhere? (RED ARROW)

This update is amazing!!! I’m satisfied))

Great job done ?

Edit: I noticed that when the keyboard is open, the round corners go away, is there any fix for it, based on how apple has the keyboards made?

@Simeon love the update for the iPhone. A couple of bugs/observations

1. Screen recording doesn’t work
  2. There is a bug with the cursor position which appears when using assets on my iPhone (SE). Open a new project on iPhone. Type sprite(). Select the asset by tapping the (). Now when you try to select after the resource location string has been autocompleted the cursor jumps back to an earlier position
  3. On iPhone SE starting in the mode with the overlay means it totally dominates the screen - can different defaults be set for different devices? I guess you want to be consistent across everything but it ends up looking poor on a small screen devices.
  4. Any plans to sync between iPhone and iPad on same account? At the moment export as zip, airdrop and open and import in Codea works seamlessly but this isn’t great for source control. To date with only one device for Codea this hasn’t mattered

Keep up the excellent work

@West iPhone SE! That was a challenging screen size to fit Codea into

1. Sorry about this, I had a report on it but didn’t get around to fixing. I recommend using the Control Center screen recording feature anyway, it’s more reliable and versatile. Added it to the list to fix
  2. Thank you for this report
  3. Agreed, initially the default was STANDARD, where you can’t see anything at all. @dave1707 suggested changing it to FULLSCREEN. I think we might need to bring in the sidebar design from Shade where you have the obvious pull-out tongue UI
  4. You can open projects that you store in iCloud from the Files.app. Just tap on them and Codea should open them for editing. That way you can keep things shared. Unfortunately this doesn’t appear in Codea’s native project browser UI though I’d like to bring external files into there (or move the whole thing onto the UIDocumentBrowserViewController like Shade is)

@Anatoly interesting comment on the rounded corners. I am not doing any rounding that I recall. Will look into it

@dave1707 reference has a dark appearance and so uses the dark style keyboard. Really I should update it to have a light appearance when you use the light editor theme and then it could use a consistent light keyboard.

@Simeon - ran into a funny using Air Code when I added a parameter boolean to a list of existing parameters. Initially it didn’t seem to show the boolean on the overlay window. An existing boolean was shown above the slider parameters I had set up. Then I used the slider to increase the overlay window visible area and found an ‘unkown’ boolean there, below the sliders. That is named ‘unknown’ but should have been ‘inter’. Exited Air Code and ran again - and found the ‘inter’ boolean present. Also the boolean was below the sliders - are parameters added to the list in addition order from the timing on the edits because all the parameters were listed together with the new one at the bottom? Seems like parameter addition may have an issue with Air Code.

Edit: ignore the order issue - moved the boolean higher and it moved up the parameter chain in the overlay window.

@Simeon Is this supposed to happen. Missing the numbers on the top line. Every project that uses the keyboard has the keyboard like this. iPad Air 3rd gen. I tried making changes to the keyboard settings and managed to lose the top line all together. Apparently the top line is for the Predictive setting, but turning that off gets rid of the top line altogether.

PS. This only happens when the keyboard is opened while a program is running. It’s OK while in the editor.

@dave1707 that looks correct to me, the top row of keys has numbers (though you need to swipe down on the key to activate them). This is just the standard iOS keyboard

@Simeon Ignore my last few posts. I’m just getting confused with the keyboards on different iPads.

@Simeon When I go into Settings, Codea, the drop down for Allow Codea to Access doesn’t show Camera, Microphone, or Location. It only shows Siri & Search and Document Storage. So I can’t use the camera, microphone, or locations with Codea. I’m on iOS 12.4.1 and Codea 186. My other iPad has the same versions and that one has all the options. Not sure where the problem is.

PS. I got locations and microphone to show up by trying to use them, but so far I just get a message that camera is not available or authorized.

PS. I loaded Codea 187 and I still can’t get the Camera to show up.

This is the message I get.
Camera functionality is not available or not authorized on this device.