Codea 2.7.5 (145)

@simeon, yes the neutrino telescope one. It is fairly complex, so could be something i do wrong, but surprising it would work 5/6 times.

@Simeon The find/replace doesn’t work right. If I do a replace all, it finds all occurances, but only replaces the first one.

PS. It also looks like it creates blank lines and screws up other lines. It seems to replace random spots.

PS. It looks like it replaces the first occurance, adds a blank line and the replaces where it thinks the next occurance was but it’s not. Adds another blank line and replaces where it thinks the next occurance was but it’s not. So it ends up replacing the first occurance and then just screwing up stuff after that.

Thank you for finding that. Will fix

@Simeon @dave1707 - just tried to save my projects with the Codea archive option and it failed part way through. I have a lot of project files but I have a 5 minute setting for auto lock so the screen dims if you don’t catch it - are other iOS features put to sleep like file transfer etc by this setting. What setting do most users adopt?

@Bri_G How many projects are to backing up. I have about 530 and it works OK. My projects aren’t that big so maybe that’s a reason. My zip file is 4.9mb.

@dave1707 - I have 466 projects on my iPad Pro but I have tons of graphics in my Code ‘Documents’ folder many in assets folders. Plus I have a very large Dropbox Codea folder mainly filled with graphics. When I backup my system with your utility it’s very fast. When I backup to the Dropbox folder, using the Codea archiving tool, it takes age.When backing up to Dropbox does the Codea backup write first to the Codea Documents/Dropbox folder, then copy that to the remote Dropbox Cloud?

@Bri_G I could make it so the screen doesn’t sleep when exporting

@Simeon - I thought it may be due to an iOS system power saver like screensaver etc. So I don’t know if it’s just from the screen sleeping. Not worth a lot of trouble, I currently use @dave1707 backup which captures all the code.

@Simeon Something I just noticed with Export Projects. When I look at the zip file, I see that whatever is in the Documents folder just gets mixed in with the Codea projects. Is there a reason you don’t save a Documents folder with everything that’s in Documents in it. When you were saving the Dropbox folder, you had all the Dropbox files in there instead of mixed in with the Codea projects.

@Simeon @dave1707 - just to show how my Documents folder() is arranged - I have 317 items in there of which 47 are asset files or collection - it also includes the Dropbox folder which includes 148 folders and 259 files.

From Codea my Dropbox assets visible include 3 Shaders,10 text or json files, 21 images and one model.

My Dropbox Codea folder, examined in FileExplorer, has 145 folders and 101 files.

Many of the files are not recognised in Codea, hence the limited number in the Dropbox.assets folder within Codea. What exactly is recorded in the exporting procedure.

@Bri_G No wonder it takes so long to do an Export Projects. The Dropbox folder isn’t backed up, but you say it’s included in the Documents folder. The Documents folder does get backed up, but in my above post I saw that the contents of the Documents folder just gets included with the Codea projects and isn’t seperate as a folder. I don’t know if that’s a bug or was intended that way.

When you use my backup program, I only backup the Codea projects, nothing else.

@dave1707 - I use your backup program because that is all you need. The code!! From the code you can determine what resources you need and where they are. If you move them or delete them then without updating the code the project won’t work anyway. So only saving the code is really necessary. At most a list of the paths for an archive (multiple projects) to all resources could help someone re-configure their system. I don’t think Dropbox resources should be backed up, nor the graphic assets for each project in an archive. Rather, an option to backup individual projects together with their resources allows small complete packages to be produced, transferred to a Mac for compilation or transferred to other iPads running Codea.

@Bri_G I know what you mean. I guess it’s possible to just copy the Codea projects to the Files app for backup. I haven’t tried doing that though. My backup code works fine for what I do and it only takes 3 seconds to backup my 556 projects.

All, can anyone tell me what the little black and white wedge is - at the top right corner of the Codea icon on the taskbar?

@Bri_G what are you seeing? Can you screenshot it

@Simeon - when I see it, just appears occasionally.

On the iOS home screen? If it’s happening there then we don’t have control over that. But I’m really curious what it is

@Simeon - looks like it might be Siri, see the attached link. Not the mini icon I see, I’ll post an image when it pops up again.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8077754

Hah. I have never seen that before! Didn’t even know it did that

@Simeon - sounds like there are a lot of hidden “gems” in iOS. Must admit there seems to be less and less screen available for apps. The number of times I have been touching the screen near the edge and ended up pulling in a new window is amazing. Any way you can lock out a screen from iOS?