Codea 2.3.4 (70) Beta

The latest version does the correct indentation for the following. if, for, while, do .

@Simeon I didn’t catch this earlier. The repeat also doesn’t indent. Here’s an example showing the indentation.

a=0
    repeat
        print(a)
        a=a+1
    until a>10

@dave1707 I have a feeling the repeat one has been around for a long time. I’ll add it to the list for the next build.

@Simeon I’ve never used repeat, but when I looked up Lua loops to see what other for type loops there were, I saw it.

I might submit this build for review and roll over the repeat bug and @se24vad’s keyboard issue for the next version.

@Simeon That’s OK with me. Like I said, I never used repeat but thought I’d mention it anyways.

Wow two days away and two updates!!!

I’m not sure if this is a feature and it was present in 2.3.4(68) but when selecting a section of code to copy you see the blue background but also highlighted characters like ‘do’ and ‘{’ in yellow. This implies some interpretation of code whilst selecting - which seems a little wasteful and possibly over-complicating the copying activity. Surely interpretation should be done in the pasting operation - or are you trying to reduce memory usage in copying operations?

Anybody else noticed this?

Bri_G

@Bri_G I noticed the yellow highlighting also, but something else I noticed was it does it more if you swipe down as opposed to swiping up. I tend to swipe from the bottom and go up so it didn’t really bother me. I don’t know if that’s extra interpretation or just normal code that gets executed in the copy process.

Hi @dave1707, I think the code will be parsed forward and may be interpreted every time the touch point is moved. Would be nice to have anchor selection points for start and end of selection so you don’t have to scroll whilst touching.

@Simeon I mentioned this earlier, but I don’t know if you looked at it or not. If you tap a key, the keyboard function will return that key. If you hold the key down for more than a second, the keyboard function won’t return it. If you hold a key down, the keyboard function will only return those keys that have multiple values assigned to them (a,e,i,o,a,s,z,u, etc.)

function setup()
    showKeyboard()
    fill(255)
    key=""
end

function draw()
    background(40, 40, 50)
    text(key,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
end

function keyboard(k)
    key=k
end

@Simeon In a future release, is there any chance that you will show all the files.extensions that are in the Codea Dropbox folder. In this release you allow project/assets export to a .zip file. I save that zip file in the Dropbox app which is synced with Codea. That means the zip file is in the Codea Dropbox folder but it doesn’t show. I can read the Codea Dropbox zip file with file io, but it would also be nice to see it listed with the other files. If you can’t, that’s fine because I can see all the files listed using the Dropbox app folder after a sync.

@dave1707 maybe we do need a “miscellaneous” section for asset packs that just shows everything else.