Codea 1.5.2 Suggestions

maybe add tutorials into the reference… (for us beginners) :slight_smile:

@juliomac - Xcode export is coming in the next version. If you look at the Codea Commits Twitter page, he is working on it as I post this message. We might be getting an in-app browser.

@zoyt - I can’t find the Codea commits twitter page…do you have a link?

https://twitter.com/codeacommits/status/313330864274673665

Thanks.

Any chance the GPS and compass functionality is coming soon?

@Mark - What is the use of the GPS, out of curiosity…

@Simeon - During the last days I played a lot with Codea. I was excited about the new features and I noticed what was missing.

I’ve some ideas for Codea 1.5.2 or 1.5.3

• 1. Add Tween Pause and PauseAll Function
  • 2. Add to Shader Lab Swipe Left & Right to move the cursor
  • 3. Add beginShape function like in Processing - I want to make a 2D shape like in the last example from beginShape() Example ( or tell me if there is a similar method in Codea )
  • 4. And an idea for beauty and luxury - Change Codea StartUp Interface, because does not coincide with Codea. For an overview, look at the background image from new project dialog
P.S. @Simeon, I wrote you a message on crowdin with subject: Formatting code in documentation. Please read this message, because I need an answer.

@Georgian - According to Codea Commits, #1 is already done.

@Zoyt, I didn’t know. Thank you for news!

@Zoyt, in may case, I’ve written some work apps where geofencing is the killer functionality. These apps have essentially been waiting in the wings for months, just for the day when I’ll be able to say “is this truck within X distance of this location.”

That said, I’d also love to put together some location based gaming.

@Mark - Ah… Now that you bring it up, it would be fun to do geotagging stuff with Codea.

I guess GPS would mostly be used when using the runtime on an iPhone?

Probably not a 1.52 timeframe but playing a wave of mp3 or ogg file.

@tinlogy - The Cellular iPad has GPS too, but you are right, most GPS apps would be for iPhone.

I would like to have a comfirmation panel before deleting a project or a shader.
A keyboard shorcut for paste would be convenient too.

Thanks

Couldnt the paste command show up if you click the select button? keyboard shortcut to switch tabs would be nice, when using bluetooth.

I want a big electric train, and a red firemen truck with the sound.
Thanks Santa!

Hmm… I think that Simeon is very busy. He hadn’t seen my message.

Or maybe I should create a new topic with title: Codea 1.5.2 Suggestions Part 2

.@Georgian I’m reading. I just haven’t had a chance to reply.

1. Tween pause/pauseAll is in but undocumented. It’s not quite ready as it doesn’t work with all types of tweens.

2. Good point

3. That’s an interesting API. I’m not sure we would do it like that, probably something like mesh:addVertex() instead.

4. I might simplify the startup image