Codea 1.2.5 is now available!

Go get it. Let me know what you think.

1.2.6 will likely be the next version, which will be bug fixes and performance improvements.

Hmm - did the version number update in the credits screen? I grabbed the upgrade, but it still shows 1.2, and my expected-to-be-upside-down image() stuff isn’t.

Is the status bar removed and is there a new sprite pack? It sounds like the update didn’t work.

nope - I’m gonna try bouncing the whole thing and doing an itunes upgrade (I did over the air)

mine seems to have worked. I’m so behind on the new features but I think the global data stuff will be cool as I’m planning to spend some time building up that image editor further and will be nice to save the image and be able to load in another project.

I’ve started to explore the new clip() function and am a bit confused as to why the clipping area does not seem to want to heed the translate function…

Blanchot: clipping is done entirely in screen space - it won’t be transformed. Its coordinates are always given as 0,0 being the bottom left, and WIDTH, HEIGHT being the top right.

That’s a shame. Translation and scaling can be worked around but I had high hopes of rotation.

Unfortunately clipping is just setting up the OpenGL scissor test, which is a screen space rectangular clipping region.

Ok. Thanks Simeon. At least that’s clear. Now to figure out why some code which was running smoothly earlier this evening under 1.2 is acting silly under 1.2.5…

Which code? Does it involve images? Images have been flipped in this update, 0,0, is bottom left - it can break existing code.

No it’s not due to the image changes – and btw thank you for making that change!

Probably a small thing… Will look at it tomorrow.

Ok - I’m in. For some reason, my ipad thought I had updated, but clung to the 1.2 version (surviving even a reboot). Had to delete it and add it again, which nuked my projects… But I keep backups :slight_smile: so I’m ready to rock and roll.

PS. The new sprite pack is sweet.

Which code? Does it involve images? Images have been flipped in this update, 0,0, is bottom left - it can break existing code.

Figured out today what changed for some code of mine between 1.2 and 1.2.5…

The number of pixels that HEIGHT returns… (no longer the same as WIDTH in the regular view).

Made me smile when I realized it.