Claude made HyperCard

I asked Claude to implement a working version of HyperCard in Codea and by golly it did it!

CodeaCard.zip (1.1 MB)

…this includes an odd little game called “Adventures of Sean 2”.

…it’s got some black and white cartoon violence in it, and while it doesn’t have color and it isn’t realistic it’s still pretty violent and bloody.

I hope it is OK to post it even with that.

2 Likes

I never used HyperCard but I am completely fascinated by it. Especially after reading that Bill Atkinson came up with the idea while on LSD

Cool! I loved HyperCard in the late 80s and was quite proficient with it-even gave some classes on it.

When i try to load the program by clicking on the link you provided and then ‘open with Codea’, it does not seem to load? In fact, i have the same issue with other similar links. I wonder did this ability get broken at some point? Loading via the repro still works.

It imports for me. Maybe it’s an issue with the Beta? @sim, could it be?

edit

CodeaCard now supports sounds and plays all the sounds from Adventures of Sean 2.

One of the opening puzzles depends on a particularly annoying sound, so this greatly boosts the game playing experience. :sweat_smile: