Cargo-Bot

Also a nice write up about the game here :slight_smile:
http://buildmobile.com/learn-basic-programming-concepts-while-you-play-with-cargo-bot-for-ios/

Wow, @ruilov, you have created a lot of games with Codea. Thanks for sharing them. I am working on a game with some pretty intensive coding involved, and not sure if I should be encouraged or intimidated looking at the amount of code that went in to cargo bot.

I linked the Cargo Bot.spritepack from the original game to Codea and now it works :slight_smile:

Awesome game… And good for promoting codea… I discovered codea after downloading the Cargo-bot, and Codea is also amazing!

Ruilov, you are a Codea God! Thanks for sharing the {amazing, intimidating} CargoBot source!

@Wildbill cool, glad you enjoyed it

Awesome - great app/game for learning the principles of programming and a great example Lua/Codea project! Thanks for providing the source as a sample project in Codea. =D>

Thank you for sharing the code. I am definitly intimidated by the complexity of a rather “simple” looking game. I will start going trough the code step by step . I presume I will have a lot of questions (sorry my school-english is some decades old). :-B

Congrats guys! Well done!

Cargo-bot no longer works for me.

The published app crashes straight away, returning me to the “home” screen.

The one inside Codea shows the load screen but then after that I get some brown square in the top-right quarter of the screen and no obvious way to proceed after that.

I’ve got the latest versions of both and they run fine on iPad 3

@TechDojo The above was on my iPad2. I just downloaded it on my iPad4 and it works - I’ll try reinstalling on the older one.

Nevertheless, the in-Codea version is the same on my iPad4 as on the iPad2.

The in-Codea version works on my iPad1

Both versions, in-Codea and App store work on my iPad 1.

Deleting and reinstalling fixed the issue with the standalone, but I still get the problem with the in-app version.

(It might be a beta thing - could another beta tester have a look?)

I run the last beta on my ipad1. I see no problem with the in-app cargo-bot

I think, Cargo-Bot is a great game, however it seems the authors kinda dropped its support before it could became a real hit.

I have solved all the levels, but last one. It’s not because I don’t know how to solve it, but because there are only four procedures, while my method needs five. The hint to combine methods from previous levels is unhelpful, I did just that. Perhaps I need a new approach to squeeze it into four procedures.

It was ported to web version, however it also has problems, namely when you drag a code piece out of the cell, it might remain there, becoming invisible. Also some levels might be different from original.