Cargo-Bot

@ruilov Do you plan to run the Cargo-Bot on iPhone? I would love to play the game on iPhone too. Thank you for creating such an incredible game.

@sanit, I haven’t thought about that one yet. It was a LOT more work than I ever imagined to go from prototype to final app. @Simeon’s help with the art was fundamental as I might as well not have arms when it comes to drawing. Perhaps if another codea user is willing to partner up, I’d take on an iphone version.

Other things that would be cool: online version, leader boards, ability to create and share puzzles…

I am just curious about the game on iPhone. I am not good at art work. However, I have fun to play the game on iPad. Thanks again for your information.

Hi All,

Suggestion for next version. I find it frustrating with games where solutions are loaded from one person when another person wants to use it. I think it would be useful to log on so that each users progress can be recorded. It also allows you to build an achievements table - which adds a little competition element and drives further downloads.

Bri_G

:>

Just saw Cargo Bot is featured in the App store’s “New and Noteworthy” section - gratz!

Maybe its time for in-app level purchases.

@Bortels - That’s not it… Look here: http://www.topappcharts.com/519690804/app-details-cargo-bot.php
And just to show Codea’s awesomeness, it’s amazing rankings are here:
http://appslists.net/app/140112/Codea

Jlslate, making levels is hard and takes some luck. Hopefully i can make some new ones. If you have any ideas let me know!

Cargo-Bot is on Apple’s “New and Noteworthy” list right now, parked next to Minecraft Pocket Edition.

Pretty good company.

How about a in-app purchase of a level editor? That would be really cool! =D>

I have two questions:

1. How did you do the title screen?
  2. How did you do the pause button?
    I would love to be able to add these features to my project, and hopefully get it on the app store soon :wink:

@Bieber208 - Elementary my dear Beiber. Classes. When it’s time to draw the main screen, say mainScreen:draw() and same for the pause screen.

EDIT

NVM, I figured it out. However, I can’t figure out the pause button. @Simeon do you know what you guys did to make the pause button? If so can the same function be done by creating a new class?

@bieber208, the step button? Just keep a variable like “playing” and set it to true. Only keep the game going if playing is true. When the user presses the step button, playing is set to false.

Yes i have done something like this. however, i do not know how to make the button detect touches

@ruilov
i have done

if playing == false then
    function draw()
    background(0,0,0,0)
    pause:draw()
--pause is a sprite from spritely that reads "PAUSED"
elseif playing == true then
    function draw()
--my program

now i need to do something for if pause button touched playing = false and when this is done if anywhere is touched playing = true. Any ideas on how to do this?

@ruilov i have done

if playing == false then function draw() background(0,0,0,0) pause:draw() --pause is a sprite from spritely that reads “PAUSED” elseif playing == true then function draw() --my program

now i need to do something for if pause button touched playing = false and when this is done if anywhere touched playing = true. Any ideas on how to do this?

Hi, fantastic job with this game! I’m really having fun looking for 3 stars solution, and I already know that I will re-play over and over until I’ll find out all the shortest solutions!

btw, do you have a bug tracker system to report bugs? i got a couple of strange behaviours and I’d like to report them.

@shrike, glad you’re enjoying it!

It would be really helpful if you could report them here. Thanks!