Can i creat non-game app?

@Ignatz Thank u for ur answer. Thats what i wanted to hear!

But it doesn’t take a lot of code to create a database type of app. I have a 177 line program that allows me to read records, save records, delete records, update records, create new records. It currently has 6 entries per record, but I can have any number of entries I want to create. The database is saved as a text file in Dropbox.

Yes, and I could build a spreadsheet in Codea, or write a video game in Excel, but given a choice, why would you? It makes sense to choose the tool designed for the job you want.

@Ignatz He asked if things could be done with Codea, and they can be. Can everything he wants to do be done with Codea, I don’t know because I don’t know everything he wants to do. Whether he wants to buy Codea and try it is up to him. I’m just saying I wrote a simple database program with very little code. It can be done. Does it do everything a real database program does, no. Could it, possibly if I want to keep adding code, but I’m sure there’s functions Codea can’t do that a database program on a PC can. Would I build a spreadsheet in Codea or write a video game in Excel, that would depend on how bored I was. I do a lot of things just to see if I can, not because I need them, I do it for fun.

Yes, but he doesn’t have Codea, and he isn’t necessarily programming for fun. In that situation, I would choose a more suitable tool.

That’s why I said Whether he wants to buy Codea and try it is up to him. It’s not like Codea costs hundreds of dollars. If it doesn’t work out for his business needs, he has it for fun stuff. So far I’ve gotten many years of fun from it.

@dave1707 I get fun while programmimg. But I really have no fun when I have to trade with shaders, because I don’t understand them, I used Codea for my grammar presentation were you have to set the words in a sentence:
Simeon + create + Codea + free time. The teacher said “no”

Honestly, if I was going to plan from the outset to build enterprise style business apps, there’s no doubt about the programming environment—Swift. On a Mac.

Neither Codea nor Pythonista nor anything else I’ve tried on the iPad is really well-suited to that purpose.

However, I’ve done a number of business apps in Codea that are as good as what I might have achieved in Swift, and which came together quickly. The trick is minimizing input. For example, I built apps that mount in haul trucks, dozers, cranes, shovels, and other equipment. They use the GPS, accelerometers and inclinometers in the iPad to determine what’s going on. There’s rarely anything to press but a single big button, designed to be touched by a guy whose cab is bouncing every which way.

I’ve built another app for shift managers, so they can assign equipment and people. It’s just drag and drop. You can create resources and enter info on the iPad, but the app syncs with a web site where you can enter the data more easily.

Another app tracks use of consumable materials, like gas and oil. Another handles maintenance records, but again is designed so it’s button mashing, not text input.

All the apps sync together (a little SOAP, a little JSON, whatever was handy) and share data at the DB level so, for example, if an operator signals that his truck is down with a mechanical problem in the truck, the shift manager sees that truck turn red on the shift tool and the maintenance chief gets a message about the problem in the maintenance app.

Every now and then, I look at converting one or more of these apps, and I’ve built some other apps using Swift, but for now Codea is working great.