Autocomplete

Still having trouble with autocomplete on the latest beta. It seems consistent, in that it’s never working beyond the baked in language. Objects in libraries, objects defined in the project, variables in set up… None of them are showing up.

Core functions are appearing just fine.

That’s very odd, I get completion for object members (self.*) and for class names. Are these not working for you?

Element = class()

function Element:init(pos)
    -- you can accept and set parameters here
    self.pos = pos
    self.radius = 0
    self.color = color(207, 64, 64, 255)
end

```

Typing `self.` elsewhere in that file should complete members (pos, radius, color).

Nope. When I start on “self” it pops up on the autocomplete, but typing the “.” now gets me no options, no matter how many properties are defined in the class init.

For me autocompletion for object members is sporadic. Sometimes it will suggest an autocompletion, other times nothing will be suggested. I’ll keep playing around with it, but so far I can’t pick out any discern any pattern to why it works some times and not others.

.@Mark thanks for the report. I’ll look into this some more.

.@toadkick autocomplete generates its index once every five seconds — you can generally type fast enough for it not to have completed the previous index. We’ll be making it run more often in the next update.