All,
I have been very casual about placing assets on my network system - I have sources on my iPad, on iCloud, on Network drives (mainly because I don’t want to lose assets) - but, as ever, I have ended up with a mess.
Addressing assets on my iPad is straightforward (asset.folder … etc etc) but I have many applications and limited space on my pads.
So - how do you directly address assets on a Mac or Pc or external drives to them. Also you’ve got iCloud and Dropbox.
Finally - I like to give an address a variable name to use like:
Sea = asset.documents.pirates.sea01
that to use just ‘Sea’ in my code.
I also use folders called ‘Assets’ on internal and external drives.
But I am now seeing errors - some paths seem to be accepted whereas others error reporting Codea can’t find the asset.
Has anyone experienced this ? Resolved it ?
What are the rules regarding asset paths ?