Are there issues with a single large file for a project?

You forgot the shoeboxes full of punchcards!

Alas - I was post-punchcard. (Thinking of it - I have NO IDEA how they got information to/from the unix boxes, other than the printers. Must have been tape, but I wasn’t involved). I did get to use a punchcard… card puncher? Mostly they said “JIM IS A GARBAGE HEAD”. (My brother Jim was perhaps 4, and I 6 at the time?)

We made Xmas wreaths from them in elementary school.

Yet many times he gave me the example of a scientific calculator, which can be programmed to an extent - @Dlyan

Calculators run downloadable Lua :slight_smile:

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/nspire/lua/games/

I forget almost everything about the CS course I did for a semester in 1975. I do remember the language we learned was called PL/1 and that we used punch cards.

@Bortels… nethack! I discovered it only a couple of years ago. Now that’s what I call a game!

Edit: I’ve been reading back in this discussion and realize (somewhere between Rotterdam and Berlin) I missed a few things. Wow! Some very interesting points have been made (the speed of virus vectors, examples of artful obfuscation, the oft forgotten good of (Apple) being a ‘control freak’). Lots of appreciated insights. Thanks guys!