adding IAds to project

I am having a lot of difficulties adding IAds to my project. I have read a lot of “How to’s” on the internet but none have worked. The main problem I am having is that my project in XCode does not have a viewcontroller.m file.

I have had no problems adding IAds to a new project because I can add in the IAds code into the viewcontroller.m file.

I have looked at other solution such as the codea tutorial on this subject but i get a different problem. The tutorial asks me to add IAdAddOn.h but this is not recognised in my project (even though I have imported the IAds framework).

Has anyone else encountered these issues or am i just being stupid

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Would you be able to upload your code so I can see it. If you could, I bet i could fix it since I’ve implemented Iads numerous times.

Hi, Thanks for responding.

What part of my code would you need to see?

I have been able to implement IAds into another project by including this code in the Viewcontroller.m file. But for some reason I don’t have the Viewcontroller.m file in my codea project.

#import “ViewController.h”
#import <iAd/iAd.h>

@interface ViewController ()

@end

@implementation ViewController

• (void)viewDidLoad
    {
    [super viewDidLoad];
    // Do any additional setup after loading the view, typically from a nib.
    }

• (void)viewDidAppear: (BOOL)animated
    {
    [super viewDidAppear:animated];

ADBannerView *adView = [[ADBannerView alloc]
    initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0, self.view.frame.size.height - 50, 320, 50)];
    [self.view addSubview:adView];
    }

• (void)didReceiveMemoryWarning
    {
    [super didReceiveMemoryWarning];
    // Dispose of any resources that can be recreated.
    }

@end

thanks

I think the viewcontroller.m/.h was deprecated. If not, someone correct me. I reccomend looking at Zoyt’s add on. If you want I can upload a project with Iad’s integrated. I use this as a template when creating apps, would you like to see it?

That would be a big help.

Thanks

I have another one with Iads and Gamecenter integrated. Would you like that instead?

Yeah sounds good

Ill go dig it up and post it with a link in the next hour.

Brilliant. Thanks

http://codea.io/talk/discussion/5596/iad-and-gamecenter-template

Hi,

Thanks for uploading this, I have managed to access the project and from what I can see, I need to add the IAdsAddon.m and .h files to my project. I notice that the Codea part of your code is empty, presumably this is so that I can just add my code to the project? I’m not sure what I need to add to my code so that I can show the Advert.

Thanks for you help so far.

Yes indeed. If you look at Iadsaddon.h you will see the functions showAdFromBottom() showAdFromTop() and hideAd() -Capitalization may be off. Just call one of these functions in your codea an walla!

Thats great, I have managed to get iAds to show in my app now. however, my app is landscape view and the add only stretches 3/4 of the way across the screen. can this be corrected?

I would message Zoyt since he created the add on, I just set it up and fixed some bugs.

@jonesy166, there’s no good way to fix this without using deprecated code. If you rotate into portrait and then back to landscape it will fix itself to be the correct size.

Thanks for your help guys. I managed to get this sorted. My app is being reviewed by apple so finger crossed should be released soon, follow me @tapthestar for updates

Good luck! I will be sure to check this out!