Abt Dropbox folders, image size etc

Can anyone please clarify me :

1. What is the maximum image size (in pixels) which can I load on ipad3? Can I load a such large image in a setcontext() window? Will the extends be clipped ? How can I free the memory allocated for the image and draw another one? Choosing the same name?

2. Can I use folders in ‘Dropbox:’ ?

3. Can I use Codea API to load images in the project, and, if no, why not? ( the Codea file manager is there, nice and charm, why to have reprogram a new one in app?)

Thanks

1. Maximum image size is 4096x4096 for iPad 3. Older iPads have a 2048x2048 limit. setContext() will currently clip the rendering to the visible screen area — this is a bug we hope to have fixed in 1.5.
  2. Not at the moment. This is something we would really like to add. Will not be in 1.5, but possibly soon after.
  3. Good point and it has been requested by others. We’ll be looking into this after 1.5 as well.

Thanks Simeon,

-- testimg

-- Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()
    print("Hello World!")
end

-- This function gets called once every frame
function draw()
    -- This sets a dark background color 
    background(40, 40, 50)
    sprite("Dropbox:10000_2187_1690",WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)

-- Do your drawing here

end

… Keeps crashing… It’s a 1.47 mb, png, 2187x1690 pix

Why?

if you’re using an iPad 1 then theres your problem

Break your image in half and try to load both halves.

Thanks, no it’s iPad 3, I will try thanks.

The fact that the width is an odd number might also be to blame - that’s a classic problem with image loaders, also try making your image a power of 2 sized if possible.