Why not Java?

@SkyTheCoder I know that, I’m curious as to whether pro coding is javascript or java now, what have I got myself in to! I wanted Java

@Prynok I’d say Codea… No you’re looking at JavaScript I think

Like @SkyTheCoder said, yes they are. They’re just meant to have a similar syntax. If I’m not mistaken, they were both made by the same company, but JavaScript was meant to be a scripting take on Java. They ended up going different directions.

Use Jsany if you want java

@SkyTheCoder & @Zoyt What one is the best to make simple text appear on the screen? I’ve tried using Java to do that, but it took about 100 lines.

@andymac3d 3 quid on that, dammit! It’s a step in the right(ish) direction…

@everyoneWhoSaysIDontKnowWhatJavaScriptAndJavaAre
I do know the difference I just didn’t really look at the app.
I will be more observant in future
Do Not Respond To This

@TheRogueBatcher I’m responding… Most of us know the difference between Java and JavaScript, and it is a VERY big difference.

Google “What is the difference between Java and JavaScript.”

@SkyTheCoder Google has no clue… I search for Java-related items and 90% of what I see is Javascript related. They really need to go with ECMA script instead. It will make my life easier. :wink:

@syntonica - Put “-javascript” at the end of your search.

@Zoyt. Shhh… not while I’m having my petty tirade… =;

@SkyTheCoder
Did you even read my comment? I said I know the difference!

@TheRogueBatcher I did. I was saying that @everyoneWhoSaysIDontKnowWhatJavaScriptAndJavaAre aren’t very many people. But I answered it with a Google search.

@syntonica - press me

You said and I quote "Google “What is the difference between Java and JavaScript.” "
You did not include who you were directing it at and it appears that it was directed at me.
Anyway this argument is getting plain stupid no doubt you are going to respond to this I will not bother to read your response because frankly, it would only further the argument.
I am hereby ending this argument between me and you. Please don’t reply to this because if you do the argument will only continue. Anyway thanks for your time. Good bye.

@TheRogueBatcher You’re not going to read this, but I was thinking the same thing when I posted my comment… I was trying to tell you that it wasn’t directed at you.

This is getting off-topic. I think that the original question: “Why doesn’t Codea use Java?” has been adequately answered. To avoid further drift, I’m going to close the discussion.