What is the scope of code that is outside of any function or other explicit block?

I think what matters most is that we help each other where we can. Two years ago, I was a total Codea noob and got help from the forum wizards of the time. I found Codea extremely confusing, to start with, so i have a lot of sympathy with beginners, who don’t always know what question to ask.

I remember when I first tried 3D, and spent ages drawing stuff that didn’t appear on the screen, until I finally learned the z axis was back to front. It was crazy things like that that led me to start writing tutorials, so other people wouldn’t have the same problems. But even with tutorials, Codea can take a lot of getting used to.

But it’s worth it. Codea is just the best fun I’ve had in years. >:D<

I am really outside my comfort zone moving from a lap top running a bottom of the range Windows OS to a relatively high level Apple device running IOS-8. Perhaps I should go back and play around with a Raspberry Pi running Risc OS.
The problem is I would loose the comfort of armchair computing.

@yojimbo2000 for the double colon notation, see:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backus%E2%80%93Naur_Form

Oh cool, I was just thinking of bumping this question, thanks. It’s the sort of thing that’s hard to google, because symbols get stripped away from the query