What is Codea Craft?

Nice! Any chance bullet3D will come to regular Codea too? o:)

How to get its beta? How many will it cost?

@yojimbo2000 Yes I think so. I plan to make the bindings written for Codea Craft compatible with Codea eventually. No ETA just yet though.

@TokOut I’ll be putting up a beta signup sheet soon. The base cost will most likely be $5.00, which will rise by $1.00 each update.

And if you buy it on start, and it will rise, you have to repay?

@TokOut if you buy an app on the AppStore you don’t pay for it again. If you buy it at release and afterwords the price rises you don’t pay again. So if it appeals to you buy it when it comes out.

This is a really cool project. A Minecraft clone + custom scripting is a fantastic idea! I think it would be approachable for new coders and intriguing enough for the experienced.

But the best user input method for this is, by far, keyboard and mouse. For moving around a first person world and for typing.

Your not making to for PC/Mac though so maybe it can have support for a Bluetooth mouse + keyboard? Someday?

I’ve been working a lot on improving the flexibility of the Codea Craft rendering system along with extending API coverage in Codea.

I’ve added model loading, configurable materials (lighting, textures, colors, etc…), 3D physics and a new mesh API. New examples are being added to Codea to show off and teach these features. I’ll be posting some videos explaining them soon.

Procedural planet with models loading from asset pack decorating the surface:

Character from asset pack with custom skin

Excellent, keep the screenshots coming please! Looking forward to the beta too B)

Is the beta in january 2017? or have i missed it, i really want to be in a beta and will gladly pay up to $20 for it, plus spend some time righting feedback…but be warned…i just started codea and learning lua plus im 13. Great project!