What endian is soundBuffer() expecting?

There is nothing in the documentation about the endian-ness of the PCM data passed to soundBuffer(). I am presuming it is little endian, but I would like to confirm that. Thanks to Intel and the dominance of Windows little-endian is the most common but both WAV and AIF can be either way, so there is no actual standard.

I would also like to ask that this is codified in the documentation.

Also: Signed or unsighed PCM data?

Is there an official Codea documentation? Where can I find it?

Hi @LadyJayne, at the moment just from the eye icon button in the editor, but Simeon has mentioned plans to redo it.

Does that have everything that is available in Codea? Maybe I need to go back through and re-read it. Thanks.

Every API is documented there. There are a couple of things you need to infer, as they aren’t documented directly, for example the touched()callback isn’t documented explicitly, but the documentation for the Touchtype tells you about it.

It needs more overviews and such, but everything is basically there.

After more than a little experimentation it appears that Codea is expecting signed PCM data. I have not yet had a chance to test 16 bit PCM to verify big vs little endian but I may give that a crack tomorrow.

This is all part of my effort to extend loveCodea. My version now has soundBuffer() working (for 8bit at least). Love2d’s approach to audio is … interesting to say the least…