Utility: Automatic backup and recovery of your project code

@Ignatz, this util (SUPER helpful by the way) was working great but this mroning I tried to restore one of my backups and I got “ERROR unknown version 47”, do you have any idea what’s going on?

The backup software changed at one stage. Is this an old backup?

@Rodolphe - that name works for me, I would have to see your actual code to test it further.

One thing that sometimes catches me is that Codea sorts images by capital letters, then by lower case, so maybe your backup is down the bottom of the list

@ignatz, no its a backup from earlier today, I just wanted to transfer between devices

@JakAttak- I’ll have a look see

Oh thank you @Ignatz, the grey files were indeed there, I must have overlooked where the code created the images (application/codea/). Everything is there and looking good. Cheers!

I have used Backup for a short while and it works beautifully for me. Now, I wanted to share projects with my grandson. So, I connected his iPad II to my Dropbox account and downloaded your Backup project (it looks fine). Created a new Test project, created a dependency with the Backup project and added the 2 lines:

img=readImage(“Dropbox:AAA”)
r=Restore(img)

Now, when touching AAA, Dropbox appears in the drop down list but I do NOT se any of my saved files (images).

Is there anything more that needs to be setup for it to work?

I’ll have a look, Staffan

For some reason, the problem vanished by setting up the Dropbox accounts properly :">
Sorry.

@Rudolphe - instead of pasting all the code as Main, hold down Add New Project until you get the option Paste into New Project. That will paste into all the tabs.

Let me know if you have a problem.

– This solved it for me. Thanks.

Great Project!

@Chaverbe - if you look more closely, you’ll find Rudolphe’s message was posted 6 months ago
:">

Never mind, at least you’re trying to help!