Touch Radius

Huh.

It works WAYYYY better on an iPhone.

Like, it works GREAT.

1. How is it that an iPhone has better touch sensitivity than an iPad?
  2. Is there a way to trick an iPad into reporting touches with the sensitive of an iPhone?

@UberGoober I don’t think this was one of mine. Tried on both iPad and iPhone and get similar results. It’s not how hard you press which changes the radius, but the area which is contact with the screen for the touch - if you flatten your finger against the screen as if smearing or smudging something you get a large radius, if you barely touch the screen you get a small radius

@West whatever you call it, the same swipe on the iPhone and the iPad give very different results, for me.

It’s probably because the iPad and the iPhone have different pixels per inch. You can look those up and see if they’re different.

@UberGoober are you using an iPhone with “3D touch” capability? (The newest iPhone 12s don’t have it)

These iPhones have a pressure sensitive layer in the screen and can detect very fine differences in touch

My iPhone is an 8 and my iPad is the larger iPad Pro.

@West — you did a tweak to @JakAttak’s original thingy, here: https://www.codea.io/talk/discussion/4760/reverse-bounce

@UberGoober yeah iPhone 8 has 3D touch

@UberGoober aha so I did!