The rotate function does not work as documented

The rotate function does not seem to work if called with more than one argument.

Below is sample code modified from the rotating triangle demo code.

function draw()
    background(0)
    perspective()
    camera(0,0,-500,0,0,0,0,1,0)
    pushMatrix()
    translate(pos,0,0). — pos moves between -100 to 100 and is initialized to 0
 --   rotate(0,0,ElapsedTime*100). — does not work if called with more than one argument
    rotate(ElapsedTime*100)  — works and rotates around z axis
    makeTri(triSize):draw()
    popMatrix()
end

What I mean by “does not work” is that it does not rotate at all.

@DavidLeibs Here’s an example using some of your code. Change the parameter sliders to vary the rotation on the x,y,z axis. If all are 0 then the sprite is edge on and invisible. If 1 then the sprite rotates around that axis. Can combine 1 or all three.

function setup()
    parameter.integer("x",0,1,1)
    parameter.integer("y",0,1,0)
    parameter.integer("z",0,1,0)
    pos=0
    v=1
end

function draw()
    background(0)
    pos=pos+v
    if pos>100 or pos<-100 then
        v=-v
    end

perspective()
    camera(0,0,-500,0,0,0,0,1,0)
    pushMatrix()
    translate(pos,0,0)
    rotate(pos,x,y,z)
    sprite("Planet Cute:Character Horn Girl",0,0)
    popMatrix()
end

The problem was that completely misread the documentation, probably because of some silly expectation for how I thought it should work. I seen now that it takes 4 arguments. Forgive me for increasing noise into your lives. :slight_smile:

@DavidLeibs - hi David, did you know that you followed that call with a full stop after the bracket. That can mess up the call.

@Bri_G I tried adding a . after the translate call in my code and all I got was an error. So it won’t mess up the call, it just won’t work.

@Bri_G and @dave1707, that “.” was not in my real code. It was an artifact of sloppy forum editing. January 14th was a day when the awful specter of fuzzy thinking reared its evil head for me and even my fingers were infected.