Sprite drawing bug [fixed]

I’m having a bug that suddenly appeared for seemingly no reason.
When I draw a shape and then a sprite, the sprite looks like a resized version of the shape just drawn. Anyone else have this problem?

PS. I’m new to these forums, how do I put text in a code box?

–# Main
– Test

– Use this function to perform your initial setup
function setup()
print(“Hello World!”)
end

– This function gets called once every frame
function draw()
– This sets a dark background color
background(40, 40, 50)

-- This sets the line thickness
strokeWidth(5)

-- Do your drawing here
ellipse(300, 500, 20)
sprite("Documents:ExampleCircle", 100, 100)

end

Edit: I restarted Codea, it is working now! Maybe I should have tried that before posting here.

Thanks for the report. This appears to be a problem with 1.4.4. I’m trying to track it down.

.@floppy_gunk - you put text in a code box by using three tilda’s (~) at the start and the finish. i.e.

~~ (and one more tilda)
– Your Code
~~ (and one more tilda)

You don’t have to do it for every line just encapsulate the whole block of code. It will then look like:

-- Your Code

Yeah, I’ve been having similar issues, I just put it down to using too many sprites.
Is there anyway to clear the sprite alays manually?

Yup, I get it too. Really recent, and I thought I was making some mistakes. Lost about an hour debugging it to find nothing.

@Simeon - your commentary about 1.4.4 havving the bug explains why some of my text is gone - but only sometimes! I was sure it wasn’t happening before.

Thanks @Reefwing!

I’m getting around this problem by drawing static sprites onto an image, and displaying just the image each frame instead of drawing every sprite individually.