Software

How do i make my app work in iOS version less than iOS 5?
I just made my first app and it works on my iPad 2 as I have the latest iOS on there?
My mom’s old iPad (1) is on iOS 4.3 and can’t download the app. I don’t want to update her iPad because it has lots of sensitive information and wouldn’t want to risk losing it. Also, iOS 5 has made the original iPad laggy. Please help, as i am really new to Xcode

Sorry, Codea is iOS 5 only.

Update the iPad 1!

.@John @wrmichael sorry I didn’t clarify. I didn’t mean Codea. I meant an app that I created that’s already on the App Store (http://trdd.us/gravitydrop) I know I have to tweak something in the Codea Runtime I just dont know what

John or Simeon, please correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems to me that if Codea only works on iOS 5.0+ then so would the runtime…

The runtime is using some iOS 5.x specific features, namely video recording and advanced font metrics.

I suspect if you exclude those components you could get it running on iOS 4.x by setting the deployment target.

It might not actually be that hard, I’ll have to explore it — perhaps by including some #ifdefs in the runtime.