Simple Dungeon

@Mark @RonJeffries Instead of leaving Codea, just grab the screen with 4 fingers and drag the screen a little to one side then back again. The buttons will then show at the bottom of the screen.

PS. If you’re in the middle of a long tunnel and you press a key to move, you can’t tell that you’re moving because nothing seems to change until you come to something else.

@dave1707 Good point. Maybe I should add a little more variation in “texture” to the tiles so that progress is more obvious.

@Mark a quick and dirty way of improving this would be to flip the wall sprites by replacing line 181 in Floor with

local adj=1
                if math.fmod(x,2)==math.fmod(y,2) then adj=-1 end
                sprite("Planet Cute:Stone Block",bx,by + 32,adj*48,96)       

@West Thanks. I already implemented some variation in floor shading that gives a good effect, but I think I’ll add this as well.

Updated version. Added some textures and tint changes to better convey movement. Code refactoring. Game balancing. Also played with using music to set the tone

I am having difficulty opening the zip file. When i tap on the .zip file i do not get an option ‘open in codea’, just the option ‘open’ and then nothing seems to happen?

@piinthesky Try selecting More then select Copy To Codea.

Hmmm… ‘copy to codea’ does not appear in either of the ‘more lists’ that are available?

When I tap on the zip file, I get Open in Codea and a More option. When I select More, I get a bunch of options with one of them being Copy to Codea. Of course I just select Open in Codea. I’m not sure what controls what gets shown when a file name is pressed.

@piinthesky what version of iOS / Codea are you on?

@Simeon i’m on 2.7.5(145) and ios 12.2. I think they are the latest?

@Mark - like the update. A few minor bugs:

“Select an Avatar” overlaps with the selection box on the info screen in landscape mode - simple fix would be to make the absolute offset (-90) relative to the height (as with the other elements of the placing)

One time I respawned on top of a pudding on a new game.

In Monster, line 131 and 135 are no longer needed (displays black text over black background, but one crosses the D pad in landscape mode

In landscape if you move to the far right then there is a grey bar on the far right screen. Simple fix would be to prevent the map from scrolling too far to the right. Alternatively a full column of “filled” bricks would maybe prevent character scrolling past this limit

@piinthesky Those are the latest versions and the same versions that I’m on. I found some results when I did a search, and they were that Apple limits the number of apps that show in the open with list. The solution was to delete apps that show in the list that you don’t want until the ones you want do show. The only problem was that when you add the deleted apps back, they’ll push the others off the list again. As usual, Apple thinks they know what you want in the list instead of letting you decide what you want.

@dave1707 @piinthesky I think you can scroll to the end of the list and press “More” where you can then re-order (or toggle on/off) the apps which can handle that file type

Edit: here’s a video of what I see

@simeon, unfortunately Codea does not appear in my ‘more’ list so i cannot choose it- dont know why?! (Also I didn’t manage to view your video -technology has got the better of me at the moment!)

@piinthesky I couldn’t view the video either. I haven’t been able to change anything in the open with list. I can rearrange them, but I can’t add or delete anything in the list. Are there any apps that show in your list that you can delete from the iPad to see what changes. You can always add the apps back.

I changed the video to a link so the forums doesn’t try to embed it (which seems to break it)

@simeon, @dave1707 got it! It works if i enter the codea.io from the safari webpage. If i enter codeo.io directly from the button at the bottom left of the codea main page (my normal way) then it doesn’t work!

@piinthesky ah I guess iOS doesn’t show it because you are already in the app, hmm. Perhaps the forums button should just launch safari (that way you can put it side-by-side with Codea)

@dave1707 Thanks! Grabbed most of these, and undoubtedly made a half dozen new ones as I fiddle with music, etc.

@Simeon Are we still waiting on an update before going to Xcode?