Shade 1.0 (15) - New Beta

@Simeon - I didn’t try with my own shaders until after I re-ran and re-installed examples.

@dave1707 thank you that narrows it down. We updated Color to be a 4-component (RGBA) instead of 3-component (RGB). So I think this might be because of that.

@dave1707 @Bri_G The issue with some examples is caused be the changes to the Color node. I thought I had it covered with an automatic migration step but it seems like there are some edge cases I hadn’t considered.

Plugging Scene Color into offset shouldn’t cause any problems so I’ll have to investigate that one.

I have a bunch of random questions/suggestions (sorry if I missed them, I did search a little). I just put them in a little unordered but concise list… =)

• How closely will codea and shade share, swap or sync shaders? It would be perfect to have a “Shade” folder in codea’s shader lab assets tab.

• Will it be possible to import a hand written shader from codea into shade’s node based setup?

• A code view within shade? To inspect and maybe even edit by hand?

• It would be great to be able to see (multiple/all) input/output values change in realtime.

Thanks for the cool app, keep up the good work!

@Kirl Shade compiles its graph down to multiple languages (GLSL and Unity atm) so it would be much harder to go the other way, from code to graph. This is also why a Shade shader is generally incompatible with Codea’s shader lab — there’s too much added complexity from the code gen

You can write them by hand or change the code later (it’s just a file in the .shader bundle)

Seeing all the values change is a cool idea. Though I guess you’d have to pick a single fragment or vertex to “watch” because otherwise you are seeing all the values change inside the node preview itself.