Question about 3D terrain (was: Hellow everyone!!!)

@dave1707 I downloaded another application also for make 3D object ,so it is the same way to use it ?I mean use your code…the name of the application I downloaded is called"123D design" maybe you can have a look :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@dave1707 ok,thank you…so,could you lend me your Apple ID ,I want to download polygonify,please~ :slight_smile:

I think Polygonify is free. I don’t remember paying anything for it.

@Bri_G hello,and thanks for your help,now I’m using the application called “123D design”,it is downloaded from App Store ,it is free ,but I’m not sure it can use in codea,so maybe you can search it in App Store and have a look :slight_smile:

@steelswing I never tried 123D design so I don’t know if my program will work with it. Since I have no plans to use it, I doubt if I’ll take the time to try it.

Hi @steelwing,

@dave1707 is right - you can get hold of many free apps for the PC/Mac or iPad to build models - in many formats but usually .obj is used here. You can’t get 123D Sculpt+ now the website re-directs you to an on-line package called Tinkercad.

Here are the links if you are interested:

Autodesk 123D
Sculpt3D+
Tinkercad

Hope that helps - but search online for other packages you may find other free ones that meet your needs better. I find them all a little fiddly to use.

I should point you back to the @ignatz website as he has a number of objects that he has used in his programming, like a spitfire and a mescherschmidt (pardon the spelling) and others he has built himself like tanks and warships.

Have fun.

Bri_G
:slight_smile:

@dave1707 thanks,I’m wrong ,polygonify is free,but how to send an e-mail ? I tried many times to click Export,but when I click it the application will flashback

@steelswing When I tap export, it brings up an email page where I can enter my email address and send it to myself. If that’s not happening for you, then try looking thru the instructions for Polygonify to see what’s wrong.

@dave1707 there no instruction to display ,when I tap export ?it will directly to close the application,do you understand what I mean? I’m very worried about that,I use iPad mini

@steelswing Here’s the steps that I do.

1. Start Polygonify.
  2. Tap the + in the upper right.
  3. Enter a name for the model, press OK.
  4. A cube is shown, that’s good enough for now.
  5. Tap the menu icon top left.
  6. Tap models.
  7. Tap the i in the circle for your model.
  8. Tap export.
  9. An email page comes up where you can enter your email address.
  10. Enter your email address and tap send.

@dave1707 thank you ,but I konw the hole step,the problem is on step number 8,it always stop at step number 8, I don’t know what going on,but always stop at that step…and what equipment do you use now?

I’m using an iPad Air, but I don’t see why a mini wouldn’t work.

@dave1707 hello,about the problem I wrote an email to polygonify,they told me where is wrong,and now the problem is solved,now I can use it ,thank you very much!!! :slight_smile:

@steelswing Glad it’s fixed. Can you explain what the fix was so if anyone else has the same problem they know how to fix it.

@dave 1707 ok,so I will say how did I fixed it ,the answer from polygonify tell me some idea,but I didn’t understand the whole,but there a few sentences told me where maybe is wrong,so I set up my email on iPad (it is Standard IOS mail app) because before I didn’t use the iOS mail app ,so maybe this is the reason why I can’t clicked export button.

@dave1707 hello,the problem is solved,but now a new problem is appeared,I clicked sync,but nothing appeared,I copied it into Dropbox…

@steelswing Do you have Codea linked to Dropbox. When you start Codea, there’s a gear icon at the top right of the screen. Tap that and along the right side, part of the way down, should be an option to link Codea to Dropbox.

@dave1707 but I already connected it,but it still can’t sync,but don’t worry,I find another way to use it,now only have one thing~how to setup the color??? Because I don’t want random color…

@steelswing Did you remember to change the file extension name in Dropbox from .obj to .txt . If you didn’t, it will still sync with Codea but Codea won’t show the file.

@dave1707 I changed it…but…after I clicked the sync there nothing happened…but it is ok,I can use it now but is another way~ And how setup the colors???