Problem i cant fix

Hi everyone, this question is probably so simple to answer but i am a noob so cant fix it.
I am trying to make some code where when you press a rectangle a number goes up by 1.
Here is my code…

function setup()
    d=0
    parameter.watch("d")
end

function draw()
    background(255, 255, 255, 255)
    fontSize(60)
    text(500+d,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
    rect(WIDTH/2-300,HEIGHT/4,600,150)
end

function touch(t)
    if t.x>WIDTH/2-300 and t.x<WIDTH/2+300 and t.y>HEIGHT/4 and t.y<HEIGHT/4+150 then
        print("touch acknowledged")
        d=d+1
    end
end

Could someone pls tell me what is wrong

Use this:

function setup()
    d=0
    parameter.watch("d")
    debounce = 0
end

function draw()
    background(255, 255, 255, 255)
    fontSize(60)
    text(500+d,WIDTH/2,HEIGHT/2)
    rect(WIDTH/2-300,HEIGHT/4,600,150)
    if CurrentTouch.state == BEGAN and debounce == 0 then
        touch(t)
        debounce = 1

end
    if CurrentTouch.state == ENDED then
        debounce = 0
    end
end

function touch(t)
    if CurrentTouch.x>WIDTH/2-300 and CurrentTouch.x<WIDTH/2+300 and CurrentTouch.y>HEIGHT/4 and            CurrentTouch.y<HEIGHT/4+150 then
        print("touch acknowledged")
        d=d+1
    end
end

Instead of t use CurrentTouch, and to prevent the number shooting up if you keep your finger down, I created a debounce variable that will make it go up once per tap.

Also, you needed to call the function in draw() , so I did that too

What is the difference between current touch and t

@Klupa56 Your code is correct except your function touch(t) should be touched(t).

@Klupa56 Also, you should learn about the touch states of BEGAN, MOVING, and ENDED. Those are very important if you want to use the function touched(t) correctly.

@Mason, using CurrentTouch is almost never a good idea.

@Klupa56, @dave1707 is also correct

@Mason I would also advise strongly against using CurrentTouch and calling the touched() function in your own code.

@Mason Don’t give up completly on CurrentTouch. The function touched() and CurrentTouch both have their uses. For simple touch movement, CurrentTouch is fine. For more involved touch controls, the function touched() is a better choice. As I mentioned above, look up the use of the different states of the function touched().