Preview of Codea Community - cloud based backup and code sharing

@HydroVitalyProtago Yeah we looked at using gists as well but it was limiting for some of the community features that are planned. Great looking app! Always wanted to take this route with AutoGist.

Thanks @Luatee and @Briarfox. And what features planned do you you think is not compatible with the github system ?

IIRC, Codea had project sharing originally built-in, but Apple nixed it. Might they not do that again to TLL this time?

Well for the time being it is a Codea project, not built in, so apple can’t really nixe it . And it’s not by TLL

That looks great! Any ETA?

@JakAttak it’s possible that Apple could ask TLL to nerf Codea even further, basically forcing TLL to eliminate any API that allows for code sharing. In this case, it would be the API’s that allow a program to read its own source code or other projects’ source code.

I’m just speaking hypothetically, though. I have no idea if Apple would reject an app because of uses third parties are putting it to. if they’re going to go that far, they may as well reject web browsers, e-readers, and any app that makes use of on-line content.

I understand they don’t want other apps to compete with the app store, but something like Codea is not an alternative app store; it’s a programming tool. Since all of the programs must be in source form to be executed, I can’t see how this could possibly compete with closed-source apps like Angry Birds. =)

Great!!! I am gonna use this a lot! But is it possible for the user that uploaded the code to see how many downloads there are?

@Jessevanderheide i agree this is a really important feature! I had to code it myself in PHP and this was really painfull…

Yes Download tracking and “like” tracking will be a part of it. I believe Toffer already has the code in for download tracking.

@Jmv38 @Briarfox This should be a really good program for everyone!

Thats the plan :slight_smile:

=D>

This is great news for us noobs, it will help us to learn from others and help us at the same time. Can’t wait…

Eagerly awaiting the release of Codea Community. I hope things are progressing well?

They are progressing very well. We are about to start testing the Community features. And hope to open testing to the public in the next few weeks.

This is too long for me to take its so cool!

Thought I’d post up a cool new feature in the works.

You have the ability to post a link to your project. The user that clicks the link can then view the code in tabs. The project can be copied to allow pasting into codea. “Run Code” can be clicked and will run the project next time CC is ran. Or the user can click “Open” which will open the project next time CC is ran.

deleted

Sorry didn’t mean to post!