Possibility of getting an IAP add-on for Codea?

I’m going to re-iterate my shout out to anyone who’d like to develop an IAP plugin for Codea.

I was able to get the IAP addon working for my app, Color Troll. It’s free to download if you want to see what it looks like. I released it today, so when the dust settles, I’d be happy to work with everyone on making this a reality as I have a working IAP addon right now.

Cool Pelicantacos, I’ll download your game tonight!

@pelicantacos Could you go into a little more depth as to how your iap add on works? Is everything set up in Codea?

I’ll discuss this with @simeon and see how feasible official support for IAP would be.

I imagine the way to do it would be with a stub API that simulates IAP within Codea but is ready to roll when exported to Xcode. Obviously you need to have it setup correctly in iTunes Connect or it wont work at all.

@Rodolphe: In Churning Seas is my favourite Codea game so far btw!

@John that’s how I’d hope it would work, having done a simple one before (in another system) I’ve seen first hand how much of a pain it can be to properly cover all the bases. If you do go down this route I’d be happy to write up a tutorial that covers all the steps required from creating an IAP on iTunesConnect, through to exporting and testing on the Mac (for inclusion on the Wiki).

Great to hear this is being discussed at Two Lifes Left!

(Wow, thanks @John!)

@Crumble & @TechDojo I have done it in Xcode and Codea, but I wrote a step by step instruction sheet in Google Docs so that I would remember how to do it in the future. I used some work from other developers but it was with the previous versions of Codea and didn’t work so I had to re-program it. I even added a rating system, too, to rate your app.

@crumble & @TechDojo I completed my tutorial and posted it on the “KickStarter” post. Hope it works!