Play WAV files in Codea

Keep the file small until you get it working. Less than 1 sec.

Hey guys, thanks for the help so far.

So I’m no sound guy - but I dug deeper and found RAW (header-less) export in Audacity… and then chose Unsigned 8 bit PCM… then the BSound util… then added it (and the filename addition to info.plist) to the project (via iExplorer) and made sure I used the variable name I chose for inside the file… and then no sound…

Anything pop out as incorrect?

• Mike

How did I miss this? Oh well.
@Neztec - If you can wait about a month or two (just guesses), hopefully Codea 2 (or 1.6 or whatever) will be out with the new sound feature. (Let me just tell you, it’s amazing, but I can’t say much more until release).

Oh man, I really want that new feature. It’s awesome what JockM and others have done here, but it’s a lot of work to get it working.

I want to have my game online and for sale on the iOS app store before Pax East 2014… hopefully that one or two months is accurate!

Thanks for the info,

• Mike

@neztec look into a tool called sox (http://sox.sourceforge.net/), with that and the BString utility I mentioned above, you can automate the process with just a little effort.

I don’t really follow the boards, or Codea anymore. I actually came here to unbookmark the the thread :/, but I wish you luck and am glad to see Codea Next will be adding sound support. It has been too long.